"I'm baa-aack!"

DeadFish

"I'm baa-aack!"
« on: 6 Mar 2009, 02:21 am »
Greetings fellow St. Louis listeners!

I know it may seem to you that I've never been gone, but I'm finally enjoying my music and my gear again.
I seemed to have lost all interest when I quit cigarettes 2 years and going on 2 months ago, but it is finally coming around again.
Anybody ever have that happen?
I'm blaming it on the 'Chantix' drug I took to help me quit smoking, that interferes with the 'pleasure center' of the brain.  That is my excuse; I'm sticking to it.

SO, part of me getting 'into' it again might be that I've changed the system I listen to most.
I've been curious about a few brands and items that get mentioned around here, so now I have a few more of them.  For the equally curious, anyone that wants to hear what this gear sounds like, get with me and maybe we can pencil in some time for a listen.
I'm still listening primarilly to my Bolder-modded SB3, but also  a couple of 'Audio by Van Alstine' pieces:  A Trancendance Five pre-amp and updated "Ultimate" ST-70.  These are piped into some Hornshoppe Horns and I'm very happy with the way it sounds in the living room.  I've also picked up a 'Burson Buffer' to augment the Squeezebox, but the jury is still out as to whether it is going to stay or not.

SO, I've kept a pretty low profile the last couple of years, but times are changing and y'all will probably see more of me.

Hope all goes well with everyone else and you NEVER get to that 'dead' area I was in when I quit listening for too long.  And I don't want to go back!

Best Regards,
DeadFish

Blackmore

Re: "I'm baa-aack!"
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2009, 02:52 am »
  Glad to hear that you're back.  :thumb:  Man, have we missed you!!!!

steve k

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:23 am »
Welcome back, Bill! It's horrible what we have to go through to stop smoking these days!! Not to mention the weight problem.  :duh: Been there done that.  :roll: Glad your back. We're kicking around some ideas for an all GAS gettogether when the weather warms up.  aa Hope to see you then.
steve

DeadFish

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:26 am »
Thanks, Mark and Steve!

'Not-listening' was an 'unnatural act'.  :nono:

I'm just glad it got fixed!

I used to think about things I'd give up, to show my sincerity at wanting to quit smoking.
Well, it was one of those 'be careful what you wish for' things, kinda. :roll: :nono:

Life is better now and system I have now is about as good as it has gotten under my roof.
Well, I still haven't heard the Ultimate ST 70 on the Altec 19s yet.  The ongoing construction projects here have that room buried about as deep as those speakers, and no room to walk.
The Hornshoppe Horns are a really pleasant substitute with an amazing amount of bass when loaded into my living room corners.

Hope to see y'all in the not too distant future!

Best Regards,
Bill

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:37 am »
Bill....
Sometimes its good to take a break....you come back with renewed enthusiasm...and a little more "DOUGH" in your pocket. Save up that old cigarette money.... :wink:

Chris

MerRev

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:41 am »
very glad to have you back Bill.   :singing:

DeadFish

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:43 am »
I hear you Chris.
That was part of my motivation, doing the math and figuring $3.5-4K / year that could be buying more fun stuff.  So far, so fun! It is good to have enthusiasm again.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2009, 04:51 am »
I hear you Chris.
That was part of my motivation, doing the math and figuring $3.5-4K / year that could be buying more fun stuff.  So far, so fun! It is good to have enthusiasm again.
........Great !! :thumb:

sturgus

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2009, 06:45 am »
Bill, It's great to have you back. We were really missing you. I was starting to think it was that Dollar Store deodorant I was using. 
Hope to see you soon.
Sturgus

electricbear

« Reply #9 on: 7 Mar 2009, 03:36 pm »
Bill is definately back in the fold. I had the pleasure to see him and Mrs Fish at the Home Show this week.