RCA is back in the tube amplifier business

Doublej

RCA is back in the tube amplifier business
« on: 11 Jan 2019, 03:46 pm »
I saw an ad from RCA in the TWICE CES Daily that says they are selling tube amplifiers though I couldn't find any information about them on their website.

mav52

Re: RCA is back in the tube amplifier business
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2019, 04:18 pm »
INteresting

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2019, 05:49 pm »
There really is no RCA company anymore.   The owners of that brand name sold the rights to use it to Technicolor SA (France), who in turn licensed the name for use on electronics to Voxx International.  Most of those products are made in Asia with the RCA name simply painted on. 

RCA's TV and electronics division was purchased by GE in the mid-80s, who then sold off the plants.  I had a mid-80s TOTL RCA TV which was excellent, made in Tennessee.  I used it for about 20 years.  By the 90s the RCA TV brand was owned by Thompson and all sets were made in Asia.   

Radio Shack licensed the name for a while too.  They had a lot of products under the RCA name, but none were really from "RCA" as they were  renamed Optimus and Tandy products. 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2019, 07:34 pm »
Amps or tubes?   :scratch:

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2019, 11:32 pm »
Amps or tubes?   :scratch:

From what I could tell from the picture it appears to be amps with tubes that have the RCA logo on them.

mav52

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2019, 12:47 am »
http://vintagetubeservices.com/rca-factory-tour/

They are doing a lot of tube testing as well.