Vigore

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Vigore
« Reply #40 on: 25 Aug 2018, 02:40 am »
Fish,

Welcome to AC! Let me the 1st to tell you, absolutely superb job!  :thumb: Very nicely done, I hope you will indulge us in a review once you get some time with them.

Kind regards,
Anand.

steve1580

« Reply #41 on: 26 Aug 2018, 12:59 pm »
Very nice work, congratulations!

Nick V

« Reply #42 on: 26 Aug 2018, 01:59 pm »
Awesome!

I wish I had the skills to take on that kind of project. Hopefully sometime in the near future I can start playing around with DIY projects.

beradthefish

« Reply #43 on: 26 Aug 2018, 03:26 pm »
Thanks gents. It was/is a lot of fun.  Opened some new neural pathways along the way. As far as a review, I'm no expert, I just say, "they sound great"! Movies, shows or especially music. Using a Yamaha R-N803 audio receiver with them.

Mudslide

« Reply #44 on: 26 Aug 2018, 07:18 pm »
Lovely work, Fish!!  I would kill for the skill to do what you have on these speakers.

They should sound as lovely as they look.

Welcome to A/C.

steve1580

« Reply #45 on: 26 Aug 2018, 07:20 pm »
Sorry I didn't want to change the topic, new thread created...

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2018, 07:21 pm by steve1580 »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2018, 06:45 pm »
Nice work! I'm green with envy at your woodworking skills - and equipment!

TomS

« Reply #47 on: 28 Aug 2018, 06:51 pm »
Yes, very nice. I spy a Festool collection as well, and appears you know how to use them  :green:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: 28 Aug 2018, 07:11 pm »
Rick is very good to work with.
Having met him a few times at local GTG's I'm not surprised.   :thumb:

HT cOz

« Reply #49 on: 29 Aug 2018, 12:40 am »
Wow great builds!

ar250

« Reply #50 on: 3 Nov 2018, 05:34 pm »
Those Vigore's look fantastic.. Have to save up ! I wonder if there is a huge difference with the Tempesta which is more costly? thanks.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #51 on: 5 Nov 2018, 04:39 pm »
Those Vigore's look fantastic.. Have to save up ! I wonder if there is a huge difference with the Tempesta which is more costly? thanks.

Tough comparison as they are very different speakers. The Vigore is more forgiving of lower quality recordings (though not euphonic - voiced to be balanced). The Tempesta is more of a finesse speaker and the Vigore more dynamic / rock out design.

ar250

« Reply #52 on: 6 Nov 2018, 01:34 am »
Thanks Rick for the differences in both models. Either way, they seem like amazing Stand mount speakers.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #53 on: 7 Nov 2018, 11:18 pm »
Shipping this week to New Mexico...

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #54 on: 15 Nov 2018, 05:29 pm »
Thanks for getting those done Rick. They look great.  :D
I'm glad you took the picture with the Grills on. Denise likes their looks much better with them in place.
Hopefully I'll get the chance to listen to them this weekend.

Chuck

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #55 on: 16 Nov 2018, 01:01 am »
Thanks for getting those done Rick. They look great.  :D
I'm glad you took the picture with the Grills on. Denise likes their looks much better with them in place.
Hopefully I'll get the chance to listen to them this weekend.

Chuck

Enjoy!

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #56 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:22 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give some impressions of the Vigore's after spending a week with my new pair. I am driving them with a PS Audio Sprout 100. Yeah, I know that the speakers probably deserve better electronics, but the house is off the grid. Everything runs off of solar charged batteries, so power consumption is a primary concern, so class D is necessary. That the Sprout includes a USB DAC and an optical input for the TV makes it a logical choice. Besides, I think it sounds pretty good. I had a chance to use the Sprout with my Martin Logan Vistas in our main place, and it fared quite well.

Most of my listening was with the grills on. They do slightly soften the sound, but I think the speakers sound fine with the grills in place.

The Vigore's sound a lot bigger than their far from petite size would leave you to believe. They don't sound like stand mounts, they are very nearly full range. They are smooth and yet detailed. I seem to hear more ambiance in recordings made it large spaces, than I am used to with my other systems. Vocals sound very natural. The bass is quite strong in our space (20x30) , and if I had a slight criticism it would be that sometimes the bass seems to be a little too much (as if that were possible). It could be that they should be moved a bit further away from the wall, but I'm not allowed to move them any further out. The bass is the most noticeable feature of the speakers. It's strong and detailed with lots of texture. Picking out bass guitar lines mixed with synthesizers and kick drums is no problem. Yet at the same time, all the other instrumental lines are distinct and easy to parse out. Like I said earlier, my main impression is of a sound that is smooth, yet detailed. If you like the treble of brands like Focal and Paradigm, then these may not be for you. But nothing seems to be missing from the treble and it is quite free of grain.

Oh, I forgot to talk about movies. There is enough bass to live without a subwoofer (at least for a while). Movie dialog sounds great even without a center channel. We watched Space Cowboys, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, and Incredibles 2. All were quite satisfying, and I love the music soundtrack on the Incredibles.

Overall I am quite pleased with the Vigore's. Speakers, more than anything are a matter of personal preference. The sound terrific with music of all kinds and have sufficient bass to be quite satisfying for movies. They look really good in the room as well. For a "compact" speaker that does it all, they may have their equals, but I doubt you could do better.

[/img]

cstory

• Seaching for clues
« Reply #57 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:24 pm »
Wanted to upload image to the previous text. Something went wrong.  :duh:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #58 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:41 pm »
Those look phenomenal in your space.

Brettio