Shipping LPs

JohnR

Shipping LPs
« on: 5 Mar 2003, 11:28 pm »
Is it bad to lay LPs down flat and pile them up for shipping?

JohnR

JoshK

Shipping LPs
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2003, 12:42 am »
I would suggest you stack them upright and put a this side up on the outside of the box.  In general laying records flat isn't good.

bubba966

Shipping LPs
« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2003, 04:01 am »
I run into a bit of the same problem with LD's. But it's even worse as an LD player won't tolerate much warping at all. And once they're warped you're kinda screwed. I've not had any problems with LD's being shipped from anywhere in the US, Japan, France, H.K., or England so far. And I'm sure you've less to worry about with Vinyl than you do with LD's.

But I think Josh gave you as good of an answer as you're going to get. Get good sturdy boxes. Pack them tight with ample padding all around if possible. And hope that whomever you have ships them at least tries to keep it orientated in the way you dictate with "this end up" stickers.

Ecaroh

Re: Shipping LPs
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2003, 06:24 am »
If you don't have that many, it's no big deal. This is how they were sent in the LP era if you bought through the mail.

Pure

Shipping LPs
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2003, 12:24 am »
Just pack them tight so they don't move around. Remember, UPS will drop them any direction they want. Make sure if they are laid on their side, they are not able to move around. Double box if shipping overseas.