Triode Wire Labs $7200 Power Cable, The "Seven Ultra Plus"...

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
... not really (the $7200 USD, that is)...  :duh:   :lol:

I have a great customer of mine who wanted the "so-called" Best AC connectors in the world and requested the Furutech FI-50 connectors (FI-50M (R) and FI-50 (R)) with my "Seven Plus" wire...

I noticed these Furutech connectors are used on the $7200 Crystal Cable Absolute Dream, voted AC Power Cord of the Year, by the absolute sound, January 2013 Issue.

A picture of my TWL version of the $7200 power cable!

Cheers,
Pete  :wine:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Cool. :)

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
I need to order some more cables from you. Long overdue. Perhaps after the new year. Happy Holidays.

Anand.

ZLS

So,

Exactly how much does your $7200 Power Cable cost? 

RPM123

What a tease!  :lol:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
    So,

For you, $7200 hand delivered and setup. 

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    So,

I guess it's safe to say that you could have Seven of these Triode Wire Labs "Seven Ultra Plus" cords in your system for the price of One of the Crystal Cable Absoute Dream's...

For those who only want one "Seven Ultra Plus", take one Crystal Cable Absolute Dream price and divide by Seven...

This includes free shipping & handling as well...

Happy Holidays,
Pete

ZLS

This seems as good place as any to talk about my experience with Pete's "Regular" upgraded cords. 

I had three cords upgraded, and bottom line I feel (and hear) that it was well worth the money. 

The best way to describe the upgraded (and now current cords) that Pete makes and sells is to compare

them to NOS Tubes.  A contemporary tube will accomplish the same thing, but a NOS tube just does so much more. 

There is more tone, more body, just more musicality. 

As to the why, I do not know.  As to the why it is not possible, I just know what I hear. 

Thank you Pete for a great product at a great price.  Thank you for keep trying to make your product better. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  Home demo available in the NY Tri- State area from Swap Meet Audio. All broken in and ready for audition. The 7+, 8+, and cryoed only versions  using stock plugs.

charles

decal

I have a great customer of mine who wanted the "so-called" Best AC connectors in the world and requested the Furutech FI-50 connectors (FI-50M (R) and FI-50 (R)

Cheers,
Pete  :wine:

What are they supposed to be "the best" at?  :scratch:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Re: Triode Wire Labs $7200 Power Cable, The "Seven Ultra Plus"...
« Reply #10 on: 23 Dec 2012, 05:07 pm »
What are they supposed to be "the best" at?  :scratch:

Well, according to Furutech, these connectors are the High End Performance Piezo Ceramic Series with a multilayer nonmagnetic stainless steel and carbon fiber shell incorporating a special damping and insulating acetal copolymer. Furutech settled on stainless and carbon fiber for the outer housing after extensive listening sessions with Japanese industry figures and audiophiles.

The body of the connectors combines two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon. (Only nano-sized ceramic particles effectively couples with carbon powder.) Nylon and fiberglass are incorporated as well forming an extremely effective, well damped, mechanically and electrically nonresonant connector body. That’s correct, they’re electrically damped as well. Piezoelectric effects are the key. Furutech’s breakthrough in design and materials is based on employing nano-sized polycrystalline ferroelectric ceramic particles exhibiting electro-generative properties; mechanical pressure creates an electrical charge forming a bridge between electrical and mechanical oscillation. Carbon powder exhibits thermal-conductive characteristics that interact with the charged ferro-ceramic particles converting their energy into heat that’s conducted away and released from the surface of the connector body!

These carefully chosen and tested “active” materials mechanically and electrically damp the connector and receptacle as they “interconvert” thermal, mechanical, and electrical energy for the finest Furutech Pure Transmission signal imaginable.

Sorry you asked, eh?  :lol:

Cheers,
Pete

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 23 Dec 2012, 05:34 pm »
Wow...

Does anyone feel vibrations from the power cords matter? Could anyone really hear the difference? (blind tests)

I can imagine there are numerous cheaper ways to achieve dampening anyway.

Diminishing returns. That is the phrase I'll use here. It is not that they are not the best, it is that even if you can tell the difference is it worth half a grand or whatever?

ptmconsulting

« Reply #12 on: 24 Dec 2012, 12:58 pm »
So Pete, did you try tham out before you shipped tham? Did you notice any difference in sound due to these connectors?

I have no doubt that there was a difference between stock and these. I am not sure that that difference would be better, or worse, or meaningful in terms of the price though, unless one heard it in their own system. But I am absolutely positive that it would be different.

I can say that from my limited experience with connectors of all types, RCA, AC, IEC, spades, bananas, etc. that connectors are very important in the overall performance of a wire and have a tremendous impact on the sound of that wire. However, "the best" may not necessarily be "the best" in every situation.

The ones Pete uses on his stock cables are one of the few available that is all pure copper. And they are very good indeed!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #13 on: 24 Dec 2012, 02:56 pm »
    The stock connectors used IMO an all copper plug and IEC is key to how Pete's cords sound. I have experimented with others to date using Pete's wire.
     The overall design and material choices are what makes the TWL cords what they are sonically. Not how exotic or expensive. The latest 7+ series is a tad livelier than the cryoed only version. More dynamic as well. However the cryoed only have there place as well. My personal Loesch & Weisener preamp is hard wired with cryoed only cords.
      Whatever it is it does not have to use the most exotic material and be expensive. TWL has proved that in spades.

charles

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #14 on: 31 Dec 2012, 12:31 am »
So Pete, did you try tham out before you shipped tham? Did you notice any difference in sound due to these connectors?

I will leave the listening impressions & comments up to my audiophile customer!

However, I have experimented with other rhodium plated connectors quite extensively and they tend to produce a bit more "sizzle" to the upper treble frequencies. As an engineer, I'm not a huge fan of rhodium since it's really a lousy electrical conductor, worse than gold, aluminum & brass...

I'll stick to the best electrical conductors, silver & copper!

Cheers,
Pete