FS: Consonance CD120 cd player modified

nicksgem10s

FS: Consonance CD120 cd player modified
« on: 26 Jun 2007, 06:57 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have decided it is time for me to move away from traditional cd player.  This is the best cd player I have ever owned and I have spent many times the cost of this player.  I have owned a lot of digital including Northstar Model 192 dac & transport, Northstar Extremo dac.  For my listening preference I preferred the sound of this player to any cd player I have heard in my system. 

I am going to offer this for $800 delivered including paypal to AC members.  This is an exceptional player that has a well balanced sound with exceptional bass and overall detail. 

I am not selling to try another cd player.  I have taken that format as far as I can without looking at the $8-15k players which I do not think I would ever buy even if I could afford.   I am moving to a computer hard drive based digital source. 

There are some minor scratches but the player looks very presentable overall.  It is silver like the stock photo in the link to my ad on agon.

Let me know if you have any questions.  There are more details at the link below.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1187488916

Thanks,

Nick
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2007, 08:11 pm by nicksgem10s »

samplesj

Re: FS: Consonance CD120 cd player modified
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2007, 07:57 pm »
Edit that link IMMEDIATELY.  You have embedded your session in there.  I am looking at your my page right now.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to change your password on AG.

nicksgem10s

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2007, 08:13 pm »
Thanks for pointing out my mistake.  :duh:    I appreciate your assistance.   :thumb:

nicksgem10s

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2007, 06:55 pm »
$750 to AC member including paypal fee and Fed Ex Ground shipping.

This is a superb cd player.   :D

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2007, 01:26 am »
Nick,

Please list who modded the unit and what was done to it so a potential Buyer can have a better understanding of the facts.   

Sincerely,
L

nicksgem10s

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2007, 03:25 am »
This player was modded by the Upgrade Co.  I do not know the exact details of the mod as my friend was the one who had the work done.  I can tell you this is the 2nd CD120 that I have owned that was modified and this one is the best cd player I have owned  :thumb: and that includes some big ticket digital gear.

What I do know that there is a very large number of Blackgate caps under the cover.  This cd player would be hard to match for multiples of my offering price.  This is a very good cd player even in stock form.

I am going to a computer audio setup to make my life easier.  If I was going to continue with a cd player there is no way I would be selling this unit.

I am offering this for $725 to AC member including Paypal and Fed Ex Ground shipping.

Nick

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2007, 02:26 pm »
Nick, thanks for the added info and I can understand not having a list of what was done, since I own a modded preamp without a parts list.  How about a picture?  You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words.  I did that with my preamp so I would have it for resale purposes.  To get you started I have uploaded what a regular nonstock cd120 looks like.  Just take the cover off and take a picture.

I hope this is helpful in selling the unit.