Decapo-I in a small room

fewf

Decapo-I in a small room
« on: 28 Dec 2003, 12:36 am »
hello

I am getting a new dedicated listening room. Was wondering if this speaker will work in a 9ft wide by 14.5 ft long room. The room is symetrical along its length. The ceiling slopes from 7ft to 8ft from one end to the other along the length. I can treat this room however I want. What do think my chances are of this speaker working well? I listen to accoustic jazz, blues, folk and small scale classical.

Paul L

Decapo-I in a small room
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2003, 06:34 am »
I think it is doable.  Place the speakers lengthwise with about 6 ft apart.  That leaves you very little room from the side wall so you need to place some room treatment to absorb the side wall reflection near the speakers.  Place the speakers about 3 feet from the front wall and  you still have quite a reasonble distance from the speakers.

gja

Small Room
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2003, 09:38 pm »
I agree. Mine are in a small room 17x11x8'. The decapos are about 50" from the short back wall and 20" from the side walls. I have some early side wall reflection absorbing material up and am getting a decent soundstage.

I tried them along the long wall and got a very wide but shallow stage. Not to my tastes.

Have Fun

Andy