New AudioCircle Member and X4 Owner

ItWasRaskolnikov

New AudioCircle Member and X4 Owner
« on: 24 Sep 2022, 07:04 pm »
I received a pair of X4 Ultras back at the beginning of August. Now with close to 800 hours on them and a few listening sessions dedicated to fine-tuning placement, they sound stunning. I hesitate to describe their sound in too much detail just yet because the rest of my system is going into flux. I ordered the X4s fully expecting it to be the start of a full system upgrade (which is exactly how it panned out!).

If anyone is interested, I am happy to share other changes I've made since upgrading to the X4s.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their experience with Spatial Audio speakers. It has been an indispensable resource over the past few months, and it's a lot of fun reading through all the conversations.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: New AudioCircle Member and X4 Owner
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2022, 08:54 pm »
Welcome to the family :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2022, 11:20 pm »
Welcome to AC, and congratulations on your X4s.

I was fortunate to hear them at the recent Pacific Audio Fest.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2022, 04:34 pm »
I would love to hear the X series some day. Congrats. What's the rest of your system?

jnschneyer

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2022, 07:59 pm »
Ha! It was Raskolnikov.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2022, 08:25 pm »
Obviously someone else is a Dostoevsky fan... :D

jnschneyer

« Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2022, 08:41 pm »
Obviously someone else is a Dostoevsky fan... :D

I go back and forth between loving him and wanting to throw his books across the room. We have a tempestuous relationship, which seems appropriate.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2022, 11:30 pm »
Congrats and I'm impressed that you were able to hold off posting until you've put 800 hours in.
Usually we get the obligatory 5 stages of break in posts. Talk about crime and punishment. 

jnschneyer

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2022, 01:13 am »
Congrats and I'm impressed that you were able to hold off posting until you've put 800 hours in.
Usually we get the obligatory 5 stages of break in posts. Talk about crime and punishment.

🤦🏻

jnschneyer

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2022, 01:42 am »
All jokes about morally conflicted fictional 19th Century would-be nihilists aside, congratulations on your Ultras. I know you said you’re reluctant to enlarge on their sound, given your intention to change gear, but, if you don’t mind saying, what does your system consist of now and what changes are you planning to make? You did commit yourself so far as to say they sound stunning. That begs the question, what’s better than or different from yet equal to stunning? Thanks and, again, congratulations.