NEWMEMBER: hi

Chief_Chunky_Muffin

NEWMEMBER: hi
« on: 8 May 2022, 11:55 pm »
New to this forum but not new to Odyssey. I’ve had a Khartago since 2017. It’s the first piece I bought when I decided to get “serious” about building a system. Amazingly enough it’s still here doing it’s thing.

I recently upgraded my Linestage to a Denafrips Athena and love it. Dead silent and powerful sound. With that they also make a a monster of a power amp and though I’m happy with my Khartago I’ve become super interested in it.

So I pose this question to to the peanut gallery: am I really upgrading if I were to take my Khartago (with 800 power supply, groneberg wiring snd WBT speaker posts) to like a kismet/black circuit board?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: NEWMEMBER: hi
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2022, 12:05 pm »
Welcome!

Grass is always greener on the other side of the audio fence.  Five years, the itch must be getting bad to make a switch.   :green:

You failed to mention what loudspeakers or give a room description (the two most important factors in overall system performance IMO). 

Digi-G

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2022, 03:11 pm »
Yeah, knowing the rest of your system would be helpful, especially the speakers.

For what it's worth, I've had my Odyssey Stratos Plus for almost 20 years and don't feel the need to upgrade it.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2022, 04:34 pm »
Welcome!

Chief_Chunky_Muffin

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2022, 08:06 pm »
Sorry I have very efficient speakers 100db and room is 15x15ft as of now (renting).

aaron.luebke

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2022, 12:39 pm »
Mr. Peanut here. 8)

If you don’t have the Kismet level now and that’s your target for upgrades I’d say it’s an upgrade.

:popcorn:

In other words…

DO IT!!!    :thumb:

JLM

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2022, 01:43 pm »
Square room, ugh.  And probably nearly 1:2 height to width/depth ratio too, another ugh.  Why bother?

Chief_Chunky_Muffin

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2022, 11:34 pm »
Square room, ugh.  And probably nearly 1:2 height to width/depth ratio too, another ugh.  Why bother?

You’re right. I’ll just toss it all in a lake and give up.

JLM

« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2022, 12:00 pm »
Just saying that the room is by far your biggest limitation. 

I'd modify the room by trying Dirac to EQ the room.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2022, 12:17 pm »
OP’s question:

“So I pose this question to to the peanut gallery: am I really upgrading if I were to take my Khartago (with 800 power supply, groneberg wiring snd WBT speaker posts) to like a kismet/black circuit board?”

I’m not sure where we wandered off topic with a room evaluation?

If you have $$ available and have a hankering to upgrade your amps… upgrade your amps!

:thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2022, 06:42 pm »
I'd go with the Kismets.  What Klaus has been able to achieve with the latest iteration is stunningly great.