Introducing AerØ USB

Pez

Introducing AerØ USB
« on: 23 Aug 2021, 07:38 pm »

I think I've managed to grab some folks attention!  :wink:

I am thrilled right now, I have worked incredibly hard for going on 2 years on this project. I want to thank my beta testers and Web dev team with WorldShiftTech.  :thumb:

Without further adieu, I would like to introduce a worlds first - Aero

Introducing AerØ

The first Aerogel dielectric cable. Ever.

It’s rare that something truly new is introduced to the world of high end audio. Improved? Certainly, but rarely is anything actually factually new. In the world of cabling one of the most bragged about features is what dielectric is used in a cable. Among the field are materials as new age as teflon and various polymers and on the other end of the spectrum are solutions as old school as cotton and wax. Some companies have gone as far as suspending wire within a network of ultra thin teflon thread, a process that takes multiple weeks of manufacture and thus carry a price that reflects the amount of labor such an undertaking requires. These methods are used because they were the cutting edge, until now.

AerØ

Aero is the first and only cable in the industry to utilize Aerogel as a dielectric. All in order to achieve the highest possible fidelity that can be derived from a cable.

What is Aerogel?

Aerogel is a manmade silica compound that has the unique feature of being the lightest solid material known to mankind. Boasting an air to solid material percentage of 99.8%, aerogel is an incredibly effective thermal insulator used by companies like Boeing Aerospace and NASA when cutting edge engineering solutions are necessary. Because of its lightweight and incredible thermal properties it is generally reserved for exotic purposes such as serving as a collection grid material on space probes for cosmic dust capture and insulation for the Mars Rovers. For more information on Aerogel check out some of the top hits on YouTube when you search 'aerogel'

What isn't as well known about Aerogel is that it is also among the very best dielectric materials available. Silica (non-Aerogel variety) has very similar dielectric properties as Teflon, it would seem logical that it would be used as a dielectric material. However, Aerogel is incredibly brittle. It is unthinkable to attempt to use it in such an application due to its low tensile strength, it would just crumble and fail to hold its form. In fact, Aerogel had not been used as a dielectric in any application we could find anywhere. Therefore no obvious solutions around these problems existed. We realized if we were going to use Aerogel as a dielectric, we would have to invent a process to do so from the ground up. After 2 years of research and development (and a patent pending), we are proud to bring you our technological tour-de-force in Aero.

What are the benefits of Aerogel as a dielectric?

The simple answer- Sonic superiority. The Aerogel compound we use in all of our Aero products have a multitude of benefits. Aerogel has a dielectric constant similar and even better than that of Teflon. However, unlike teflon or foamed teflon, Aerogel does not over-dampen the signal wire. Over dampening occurs when heavy materials are in constant contact with the bare wire. Over dampening has the side effect of stripping nuance and detail out of music when conveyed through such cabling schemes. Because aerogel is virtually not there, it gently dampens the wire from vibration. Simultaneously it does not allow the wire to vibrate within the dielectric like air/teflon tube designs do. All this is to allow the signal to propagate naturally in an environment that reduces solid material contact with the signal wires. Aerogel gives Aero an effective air dielectric percentage of 99.8% an industry first.

Shielding beyond reproach

As advanced and difficult to engineer as the Aerogel layer of Aero is, it is merely the kernel of a much more sophisticated design. Aero is substantially protected by the most incredible shielding solution Hapa Audio has created. Inside, Aero is protected by an impressive spectrum of shielding materials. First, a layer of pure carbon fiber serves as both shield and separator for signal wires to stand away from the metal based outer layers, next we add 4 layers of high quality foil copper, followed by 1 layer of silver plated copper braid, and one layer of braided mylar. That’s right 7 separate layers of shielding guard Aero from electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference both local and far field.

This shield offers an electro-magnetically silent environment for the signal to propagate without aberration. With all of these layers one might think the cable would be rendered stiff. Nothing could be further from the truth. A hallmark of Hapa Audio design is flexible cabling. Retaining a 1” bend radius Aero is exceptionally flexible in the world of digital cables.

The finest engineering, including signal conductors

For the data portion of the cable, we are utilizing top quality Ultra pure continuous cast OHNO solid core copper wire which resides inside the aerogel dielectric. We take the finest wire made and hand polish the surface to a mirror finish, reducing skin effect and eliminating surface impurities prior to building the Aerogel matrix that houses the data wires. The result is sultry smooth, highly detailed, and dare we say, next level performance. The data leg of the cable is completely segregated from the common/ground and 5 volt portion of the cable. The 5 volt and common are handled by the gorgeous braided silver plated copper wrap that adorns Aero’s exterior.

Connectors

Hapa utilizes the only USB connector on the market that properly shields the USB terminations to a high enough degree to be included with Aero, the venerable Viborg USB A and B connectors. The solid cast alloy barrels allow the sensitive wire/connector interface to be both mechanically and electrically secure. 24 karat gold plated connectors offer a secure and stable interface with your gear.

We finally completed what we set out to do
Over 2 years ago, we set out on a mission, one that was started by a single question; Could we create the ultimate audiophile grade USB cable? A question that sparked a plethora of new questions and problems that required new solutions.

The only question left is, do you want to hear it? Reviews are starting to come in... https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177847.msg1871333#new

AND Tour incoming.  :icon_twisted:
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2021, 06:38 pm by Pez »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Introducing Aero USB
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:19 pm »
I made the mistake of being a beta tester of this cable.  Net result?  I now own TWO of them.  One for my upstairs system & one for my downstairs system.  And you know what?  I don't regret it one bit.  The level of clarity and soundstaging and realism is on par with the level of improvement I got when I fully treated my rooms with acoustic treatments.  And my thoughts about the cable are the same as my thoughts about a well treated room - "How the hell did I ever live without this?".  So my advice - don't demo it, because you WILL buy it  :lol:

zoom25

« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:29 pm »
Price (per length?)?

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:30 pm »
Is the Aerogel technology available for RCA and XLR interconnects?

hmen

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:21 pm »
  The level of clarity and soundstaging and realism is on par with the level of improvement I got when I fully treated my rooms with acoustic treatments. 

That’s possibly the highest praise I’ve ever heard for a cable.

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:59 pm »
Thanks folks for your interest in Aero!

Yes indeed. Tyson was my intrepid beta tester. He heard a few iterations of Aero and I was honored that he was my first client as well. 

First and foremost I want to make sure folks are aware, Aero steps outside of standard USB intentionally. Whereas Ember is designed to be the best sounding cable within the realm of standard USB, Aero moves outside of that. How? Aero is designed SPECIFICALLY to work with iFi iSilencer+ and iPurifer 3. This is yet another industry first. Aero comes standard with these products and it is part of the pricing. I will go into detail on the 'why' of this design decision, but the TLDR is It sounds WAY better this way.

I will update very soon on the details on some of the incredible dielectric properties of Aerogel as well as other product facts and pricing, please stay tuned.  :thumb:

Pez

Re: Introducing AerØ USB
« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2021, 04:36 pm »
While the website is being updated to show Aero, I am accepting orders folks! In fact, I’m building two pairs as we speak!  :green:

Send me a PM if you are interested.  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2021, 06:31 pm »
AerØ is in another league. -WGH

A no regrets purchase -mgalusha

I made the mistake of being a beta tester of this cable.  Net result?  I now own TWO of them. -Tyson

With reviews like this coming in I couldn't be more happy to announce:

Aero is now live for sale

:rock: :guitar: :drums: :dance: :hyper: :rock: :guitar: :drums: :dance: :hyper:

Even though we are just now officially launching, Aero has already become the most successful product Hapa Audio has launched to date.  :o

Aero really changes everything when it comes to USB. The sound quality is a result of our proprietary (and patent pending) Aerogel data core, something that no one in the industry (Or ANY industry for that matter) has claim to except for Hapa Audio. Come hear what two years of research and development into an entirely new dielectric material science can sound like.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2021, 11:33 pm by Pez »

Pez

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2021, 11:35 pm »
I forgot to mention, we have a special introductory price. We’ll be running this pricing until the end of RMAF so get it while it’s hot.  :icon_twisted:

Keep checking the forum we have quite a few pieces out in the wild. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few folks posted their thoughts!
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2021, 11:21 pm by Pez »

Wig

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2021, 03:29 am »
Over the past year I have owned and evaluated some of the most popular coaxial and after months of burn-in and settling, my DIY OCC Solid Copper “Air” Helix reigned supreme over the cables listed below:

-   Snake River Boomslang-Silver
-   Neotech NEVD 2001 Cryo-Silver
-   Black Cat Silver star MKII
-   Audio Envy
-   Inakustik 2404 Reference Air Helix

I have been listening to Hapa’s AerØ BNC Coaxial for some time now and the impact of this technology was noticed immediately upon installation! The differences are So profound that the only word that comes to mind are REALISM…Imaging and sound staging is more realistic in scale, height and size in relation to a live performance. I have kids that are classically trained in Piano, Guitar and Flute and have a keen ear on how instruments should sound and Hapa Audio AerØ BNC embodies this natural and realistic sounding envelope.

After numerous cable switches, Hapa Audio AerØ BNC made my “Giant Killer” DIY OCC “Air” Helix sound like I was listening to a recording verses a Real instrument occupying an actual three-dimensional space. This is the same phenomenon I experienced when I went from a fantastic 6SN7 Tube Pre-Amplifier to a 2A3 DHT Tube Pre-Amplifier,” REALISM…

If you are in the market for a digital cable or want to “Elevate” your digital playback, look no further than Hapa Audio as Jason just “raised” the bar by a good margin with his AerØgel dielectric Technology…

Wig :D :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2021, 09:50 pm »
 :green:

Wig,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the coming soon Aero BNC. Wig was interested in giving the tech a shot when I was finalizing the design. In fact his BNC cable build was an “ah ha!” Moment for me when designing the shield which ended up benefiting the USB cable design as well.

Thank yo for taking the time to share your thoughts and glowing praise of Aero!

Sebastien_Chiu

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2021, 05:32 pm »
Over the past year I have owned and evaluated some of the most popular coaxial and after months of burn-in and settling, my DIY OCC Solid Copper “Air” Helix reigned supreme over the cables listed below:

-   Snake River Boomslang-Silver
-   Neotech NEVD 2001 Cryo-Silver
-   Black Cat Silver star MKII
-   Audio Envy
-   Inakustik 2404 Reference Air Helix

I have been listening to Hapa’s AerØ BNC Coaxial for some time now and the impact of this technology was noticed immediately upon installation! The differences are So profound that the only word that comes to mind are REALISM…Imaging and sound staging is more realistic in scale, height and size in relation to a live performance. I have kids that are classically trained in Piano, Guitar and Flute and have a keen ear on how instruments should sound and Hapa Audio AerØ BNC embodies this natural and realistic sounding envelope.

After numerous cable switches, Hapa Audio AerØ BNC made my “Giant Killer” DIY OCC “Air” Helix sound like I was listening to a recording verses a Real instrument occupying an actual three-dimensional space. This is the same phenomenon I experienced when I went from a fantastic 6SN7 Tube Pre-Amplifier to a 2A3 DHT Tube Pre-Amplifier,” REALISM…

If you are in the market for a digital cable or want to “Elevate” your digital playback, look no further than Hapa Audio as Jason just “raised” the bar by a good margin with his AerØgel dielectric Technology…

Wig :D :thumb:

Thanks for your impressions Wig, and look forward to more as your listening goes along!