Center Channel NX studio line

Montreal_Jazz

Center Channel NX studio line
« on: 16 Dec 2023, 02:03 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use a center channel speaker with the NXstudio, something similar to an X-Voce setup. My idea is to have two pairs of NXstudio speakers with a center channel for a hybrid room that serves both stereo and home theater purposes. Additionally, I'm considering adding Open subs to enhance the overall audio experience.

Please let me know if this configuration is feasible and how we can make it work. If I happen to be the first person to ask about this, though I doubt it, I'm sure we can find a way to make it happen.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Early B.

Re: Center Channel NX studio line
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2023, 04:13 pm »
Why not use a single NX Studio for center channel duty and you'll have a fully matched speaker system for home theater.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2023, 05:50 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to use a center channel speaker with the NXstudio, something similar to an X-Voce setup. My idea is to have two pairs of NXstudio speakers with a center channel for a hybrid room that serves both stereo and home theater purposes. Additionally, I'm considering adding Open subs to enhance the overall audio experience.

Please let me know if this configuration is feasible and how we can make it work. If I happen to be the first person to ask about this, though I doubt it, I'm sure we can find a way to make it happen.

Cheers,

Jonathan

The main problem with a "Studio" style center is the NQ woofers, the 16 ohm woofers are intended for open baffle use only. The "sealed" box size needed would essentially need to be about the size of a single X-MTM tower... We would have to use standard M165/16 woofers in a sealed box to keep the size remotely reasonable.
Not to mention needing to design/test new cabinets and design a new network for such a model.

Using a single NX Studio as your center would be the best option.

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2023, 09:32 pm »
Thanks for the response. I'm a big fan of the KISS rules so, NX studio as CC it is!  Now should I go with Nx Oticas for Front RL...Choices choices choices  :popcorn:

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2023, 10:08 pm »
Differences between triple and double subs... The room is 16 by 23, I'll pull them a good 4-5 ft from the front wall maybe it will benefit from a rear facing one?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2023, 12:53 am »
In my setup I felt like the doubles were close to their limit on a few movies like Dune, while the triples never even break a sweat.

Early B.

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2023, 02:30 am »
The room is 16 by 23

Oh, you definitely need triples.

Montreal_Jazz

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2023, 12:46 pm »
Thanks, for your help guys, triple it is then!

(I know someone very naughty that will still have very nice gifts from Santa!!!!)  :P :lol: