Help with Folder Structure BDP-3 MM

galyons

Help with Folder Structure BDP-3 MM
« on: 8 Nov 2022, 08:51 pm »
I am enjoying my BDP-3.  I am especially impressed with the music quality of the 44/16 files directly from discs to the BDP-3. I am having a problem though.  MM is not giving me individual tracks.  Each of the individual CD rips are rendered as a single track.  I have ripped my library with Exact Audio Copy. Each CD is put into its own folder. So the folder contains the disc image, the cue sheet and the cover art.  This structure has worked for me with Logitech Media Server, MusicBee, and Auralic's Lightning DS.  But evidently MM does not like it. I have read and reread the MM manual and watched the Moon Audio video. But neither yielded a clue as to a solution.

Currently I populated a 128GB USB drive with about 50 individual folders.  So the structure is USB Drive,(named Bryston) > Artist folder> CD Rip folder> CD image, cover art, que file.  I get the cover art displayed, but the music is a single file, not individual tracks. My library is about 300 CD's ripped as described above.

What do I need to do to get MM to recognize the que file and sort into individual tracks?

Cheers,
Geary

gbaby

Re: Help with Folder Structure BDP-3 MM
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2022, 02:20 pm »
I am enjoying my BDP-3.  I am especially impressed with the music quality of the 44/16 files directly from discs to the BDP-3. I am having a problem though.  MM is not giving me individual tracks.  Each of the individual CD rips are rendered as a single track.  I have ripped my library with Exact Audio Copy. Each CD is put into its own folder. So the folder contains the disc image, the cue sheet and the cover art.  This structure has worked for me with Logitech Media Server, MusicBee, and Auralic's Lightning DS.  But evidently MM does not like it. I have read and reread the MM manual and watched the Moon Audio video. But neither yielded a clue as to a solution.

Currently I populated a 128GB USB drive with about 50 individual folders.  So the structure is USB Drive,(named Bryston) > Artist folder> CD Rip folder> CD image, cover art, que file.  I get the cover art displayed, but the music is a single file, not individual tracks. My library is about 300 CD's ripped as described above.

What do I need to do to get MM to recognize the que file and sort into individual tracks?

Cheers,
Geary

This sounds like a problem with your ripper. You may want to use dbpoweramp.

Calypte

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2022, 05:23 am »
Hmm.  Most of my rips are classical music, but there are a small number of pop/rock/jazz items, too.  I use Foobar 2000 for most of my rips.    Individual tracks on the CDs rip as individual tracks on the hard disk.  Very occasionally there's a problem with a track where some disc error causes it not to rip.  In that case I'll try Exact Audio Copy.  EAC can sometimes rip a track that Foobar 2000 can't.  But EAC has its peculiarities in my experience.  For example, even though I have the FLAC codec piece, and it tells me it's going to rip the files as FLACs, it rips them as WAVs.  This worked perfectly with two earlier computers.  The HD is 4TB, so disk space isn't a problem.  But it's annoying that EAC won't do what I want it to do with this particular computer. 

The point here being, try another app for ripping the files.  Maybe there's just something weird about EAC on your computer.

galyons

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2022, 05:24 am »
This sounds like a problem with your ripper. You may want to use dbpoweramp.

I think EAC is generally considered the best ripper for accuracy and sound quality. I have used EAC for 10 years now. The files played well on Logitech Media Server and Auralic LDS. So unlikely a ripper issue.  I did re-rip some of the files on EAC as tracks, and they play fine with MM.

I am looking for a conversion app to take the single files to track files.  I do not want to re-rip a my library.  I used the TAC app today to convert them to individual tracks. Which the app did easily. The issue is the gaps and cover art are lost.  The tracks are abruptly truncated near the very end. Not a pleasant listening experience.  I opened a support ticket. I am probably missing something in the configuration.

Hopefully I am NOT coming across as complaining about MM. It is functional.  I simply want to get the best out of the BDP-3. There is always a learning curve with a new system.

Cheers,
Geary

vonnie123

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2022, 11:03 pm »
https://www.dbpoweramp.com/

This is a very commonly used ripping program. I’ve used it in conjuction with my imac desktops for many years…

gbaby

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2022, 07:16 pm »
I think EAC is generally considered the best ripper for accuracy and sound quality. I have used EAC for 10 years now. The files played well on Logitech Media Server and Auralic LDS. So unlikely a ripper issue.  I did re-rip some of the files on EAC as tracks, and they play fine with MM.

I am looking for a conversion app to take the single files to track files.  I do not want to re-rip a my library.  I used the TAC app today to convert them to individual tracks. Which the app did easily. The issue is the gaps and cover art are lost.  The tracks are abruptly truncated near the very end. Not a pleasant listening experience.  I opened a support ticket. I am probably missing something in the configuration.

Hopefully I am NOT coming across as complaining about MM. It is functional.  I simply want to get the best out of the BDP-3. There is always a learning curve with a new system.

Cheers,
Geary

As Vonnie and I recommended, its dbpoweramp.

drummermitchell

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2022, 09:47 pm »
As to the guys mentioning above:DBPOWERAMP.
Have also been using it for years with my BDP-2.
Cover ART,Tracks,playlists(Multiple).
We have it all.
She hasn't failed yet :D.