1st Review 9SE online
« on: 22 May 2006, 04:20 am »
On 6Moons I saw this review over the 9.02SE:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/nuforce3/9se.html

Happy listening!

sikoniko

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2006, 01:29 pm »
nice review! Im thinking of upgrading mine this summer.

KrK

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2006, 03:52 pm »
I think also! :mrgreen:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2006, 10:22 pm »
I believe you'll find similar comments (we haven't it) from soon to be release reviews from France, UK, and other US reviews.
I am pleasantly surprised by the review :).

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2006, 11:25 pm »
You have never liked Nuforce product anyway. As stated clearly by the reviewer, the review unit was our pre-production unit. We are innovator and reviewers tend to recieve early units because we have a high demand for reviewing the latest and greatest.  We have more ground breaking non-amplifier products to be unvieled soon  :wink:

We have sold more than 1000 amps in the last 6 months and there are hardly any problems.  Ref 9 SE had an introductory period and a problem due to incorrect use of a part (by accident) by the contract manufacturer was found and replaced.  I have also heard from our customers and dealers about many problems with other manufacturers.  What makes us different is that we have consistently been complimented for our honesty and excellent support.

Similary, for our AVP-16 launch, we are shipping 20 units to dealers worldwide to help with compatibility testing in May. This is our process. Production units will be shipped near end of June.  Some reviewers will be receiving units from the first batch.

Notimportant

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2006, 01:56 am »
Here we go again.

Jason, To be honest I wanted to try the Nufroce Amps for the longest time but I'm really sick and tire with all these revision B.S.  I saw a few for sale on Agon but not sure what the hell the model is.  And everytime I read the review, there's something wrong with the amps.  Jason, for once please please, Stop giving a bunch of B.S. excuses for crying out loud.  I know you guys are in a rush trying to grabs class D market shares while they're hot but Guess what? you won't with a design which seems to be far from ready.  Would you please go back and tell Tranh and Kasey to get the design straight before release it..........If they know how.  And as for you stop feeding us a bunch of B.S.  We're smarter than that. I know you're just a sale guy but.....

capfacsurf

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2006, 03:03 am »
Unimportant,

I suggest checking your grammar and spelling before making proclamations about how smart you are. Kinda' dillutes your message.

deBunk

• http://www.perthpunk.com
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2006, 05:12 am »
tvad4, Notimprtant

When people get emotional and bitchy with their comments, they lose credibility.  Your posts are cases in point.

I agree that it is unfortunate that NF review products keep showing up as faulty, but credit where it's due, too - they have an outstanding record for customer service when things do go wrong.  The faults in the review models are concerning, and probably a little less than what should be expected of a professional oufit, but I think the point made in the review is entirely valid - that NF is at the cutting edge of a new technology that is forging new ground in making available high quality hifi at incredible value, and that any pioneering technology is going to have initial problems.  

It's your choice to stick to the tried-and-true, but I think it's a bit cheap of you to diss a new company that has made some remarkable achievements in a relatively short period of time, that always does its best to remedy any problems without making the customer pay (other than in terms of the inconvenience), that makes upgrades available at minimal cost, and that operates with quite extraordinary transparency, thus leaving themselves open to the sort of attacks people like you seem to revel in.  

I am not a NF owner yet, but only because I cannot afford the RF9s at the moment.  I have heard them (not the SEs) both in store and at my friend's place, and am salivating at the prospect of luxuriating in the brilliant quality of these little beauties in my own system when I do have the readies.   I will not be holding back because things might sometimes go wrong, because I have seen enough of NF's attitude towards customer service to be confident that they will see me right IF I am unlucky enough to cop a faulty pair.  

Stay as conservative as you like in your audio choices, but leave the emotion and egos out of it, and be fair.  Otherwise, the only real casualties of your negativity will be your credibility.

igroucho

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2006, 05:40 am »
Quote from: tvad4
Golly gosh, deBunk, you're absolutely right. I'm gonna ignore all the silly problems with the NuForce amps, and the consistent comments on the performance issues. Sign me up. I've seen the light...The Grail. Heck, I'll take four pair. That way, I'll have three back up pairs when I have to send the first pair in for upgrades, updates or tweaks.

The last thing I want is to lose credibility on an audio discussion board because I highlighted problems others have experienced with the amps.

Nah, it's all good. Where do I send the check?

I think tvad4 rounds it up here so hopefully we'll have no more "constructive" help from him "hi-liting" problems for Nuforce. As if Nuforce needed it  - gotta luv this guy :lol:

deBunk

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2006, 06:11 am »
More emotional gush from you there, tvad4.  

Why so defensive and personal, boyo?  If you're going to attempt a putdown, it's more effective if you have a modicum of wit to add a little class to your sarcasm.  Pissweak, bro.

sikoniko

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2006, 10:40 am »
why not make a "trash nuforce" thread and leave this one to information on the ref9 SE's?

we all have the freedom to purchase, or not to purchase so lets leave it at that.

EVERY company has faults, and bad products. thats why we have RMA's or manufacturer recall. get over it. there is no such thing as a perfect product 100% of the time.

deBunk

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2006, 11:04 am »
Good to see a sensible, balanced comment, sikoniko.

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2006, 09:29 pm »
i will be sending my ref 9s in for the se upgrade, to me its a easy choice, if you don't like the nuforce sound go and buy something else, and post on their web site your thoughts, and leave this one to the people who bought nuforce products and like them, i work in the behind the seens world and know what goes on with electrical and machanical operations, where most people have no idea, its magic to them a/c, elevators, cars, heck just fliping a light switch, in this real world all is not perfect, but we try to make it as perfect as possible, like in the case of the reviewed ref 9se, yes its going through changes for the better, it was not for sale but was early production models, the review really sold me on the upgrade as well as johns info, hopefully i can plan to have it done while on vacation so i wont miss any music time at home, jason if you read this maybe you can give some info on the turnaround time for the upgrade of the ref 9 to se status,

timothyharnett

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2006, 03:17 am »
I see they got the front cover of Hifi World;

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/hfw/currentish.html

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2006, 11:42 am »
Oh well, such a review and exposure on front cover of Hi-Fi World will certainly attract more attacks  :wink:
I decided to check our sales and found that we sold more than 200 Ref 9 SE (including some upgrades) since its introduction in less than 2 months.

People are free to vote with their money. I just don't understand why a FEW people have to keep trashing us. Go buy something else and be happy with it. Go enjoy the music. This is a hobby. We're not selling cancer curing drugs :).
If we have bad products or service, word will spread quickly. And people will return their products for refund and we'll be out of business. But so far we have been getting excellent reviews from every corner of the world and word of mouth from customers.

Let's keep this thread focusing on whether you agree with the reviewers or whether you find the price difference between standard Ref 9 and Ref 9 SE justifying the difference. :wink:

In the past, readers of audiophile magazines can only admire exotic world class amp (ASR Emitter II for example) but few can afford it.  Reviewers after reviewers of Ref 9 SE literally said this is the best amps they have heard at any price.  We have brought top of the world amp to reasonably affordable price and even extend the warranty to 5 years :)
So, tell us what can we do better ?
There was one manufacturing mistake in early Ref 9 SE that had been addressed so we did learn from past experience and put in place processes to introduce new products (that's why AVP-16 has been delayed until now).  We delayed shipping the 1st batch of AVP-16 again for another week just to change the labels on the remote control. BTW, this remote control has been changed 3 times so that it has the same titanium blue color and finishing as the face plate.

Jason

beachbum

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2006, 01:50 am »
hello Jason, you will be getting mine soon, what is the turnaround time for the ref 9 to SE i want to do it when we are on vacation so i wont  miss music at home, also on a upgrade do you have to change the color,  i like my silver ref 9s, i am with you on your above response, man this is about music and how our ears like it, there are a lot of choices if you dont like this one go and get another one, man what a bunch of winny babies, for me to even think that my ref9 p8 combo can be better is wonderful, please keep putting out great equipment and let that do your talking,

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2006, 10:09 am »
what is the turnaround time for the ref 9 to SE i want to do it when we are on vacation so i wont miss music at home

The turn around time should be within a day but our technician AND Casey are both on vacation until June 2.  And we have a bunch of backlog but should be cleared in a few days. So I would say your units should be ready middle of next week.

Jason

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Soundstage UltraAudio Ref 9 SE review
« Reply #17 on: 2 Jun 2006, 01:47 pm »
http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/nuforce_reference_9se.htm

Yet another reviewer has selected Nuforce as the ultimate reference amp.

beachbum

1st Review 9SE online
« Reply #18 on: 2 Jun 2006, 03:50 pm »
congrats to nuforce on another fine review of your products, i just cant part with my ref 9s until i know i wont be home far a week so i wont miss any music time, july looks like the time my 9s become se,