SOLD: Aum Acoustics LDR pre/LPS (Tortuga-based LDR passive) - big price redu

genjamon

For sale is my Tortuga-based passive preamp with integrated high quality linear power supply.  The LPS also has a separate 5V output on the chassis, so you can run a two-headed USB cable that separates the 5V power from the data lines, and use this high quality LPS to supply clean 5V to your DAC.  So, this baby is a bit of a two-fer.

Two inputs, two outputs. 

The manufacturer is kind of a crazy fanatic.  It's in a really heavy gauge chassis, with quality laser etched printing.  But beyond that, it has all high end solid core silver wiring internally, except for one of the outputs, which has solid core platinum wiring.  So, you can choose which output sounds best to you.  It also has the highest quality Furutech RCA connectors.  Here's a link to the manufacturer's website: http://aumacoustics.com/aum-acoustics-ldr-preamplifier/

I've had this for two years, and it's been a very useful and transparent window.  Selling because I've installed the Lampizator volume control in my Big7 and no longer have need for an external passive like this. 

The Tortuga boards are stock and fully update-able to latest firmware.  I have updated to firmware allowing user-controlled impedance matching, but not to the very latest firmware with new remote control functions.  Updating the firmware is pretty easy, but does require popping the lid.  If the buyer really wants the latest firmware and does not want to do the update themselves, I can perform this before packing/shipping.

Comes with an Apple remote, which is the standard remote type for Tortuga preamps. 

New retail: $3,000
My price: SOLD

« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2016, 06:27 pm by genjamon »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: FS: Aum Acoustics LDR pre/LPS (Tortuga-based LDR passive)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2016, 09:25 am »
Bump! This is a great pre folks. If you've always lusted after the Tortuga LDR, here it is for you. Complete with uber pretty Furutech RCA's etc...and expertly build by Mr. Becker of Aum Acoustics. For a single ended, passive, remote controlled design, it's basically tricked out!

I've auditioned the Tortuga LDR and it really worked well in my system. With Morten Sissener's latest updates to the firmware, etc...short of adding gain, you should be able to configure it for most applications!

Best,
Anand.

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2016, 03:20 pm »
Thanks, Anand!  Yeah, it's a pretty sweet unit.  Also, something not immediately obvious is that you're basically getting a free extra $500 linear power supply if you have need for a 5V feed.  Just need an adapter to take the 5V USB output and bring it to a DAC, USB-SPDIF converter, Uptone Regen, or whatever you need to power that will run on 5V.  I did this on a number of occasions and found the LPS to be as good or better than any of the other LPS's I had to compare with. 

Here are some pics:

genjamon

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2016, 03:31 am »
Bump

Make me an offer

genjamon

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2016, 02:18 am »
Bump, $1200 shipped

genjamon

Come on, guys...  This is a steal.

genjamon

« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2016, 06:26 pm by genjamon »