Nice GTA photos on Hoffman thread

threadkiller

Nice GTA photos on Hoffman thread
« on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:38 pm »
Hi Erocka2000,
Nice photos you posted on the Hoffman forum. Your photos put mine to shame.
Hope you're enjoying your table, by your descriptions it appears you are.

Rosco, your comment on there was incorrect. VTA is adjusted by the wheel above the ball.  The ball height in the goo adjusts damping.

Shakeydeal

Re: Nice GTA photos on Hoffman thread
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:42 pm »
VTA is adjusted by the wheel above the ball

I believe you are incorrect. That is how you adjust azimuth. VTA is adjusted from the arm tower.

Shakey

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2012, 04:44 pm »
I wrote that quickly. So maybe didn't phrase it right. Basically the ball needs to be lowered.

threadkiller

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2012, 05:04 pm »
Whoops!  Shakey, you are indeed correct. I was talking and typing at the same time.  40 lashes with some old Kimber!  I should know better, I've watched Mr P do it a million times....

Rosco, the ball only effects damping. Shakey is correct in saying you adjust the pillar tower to effect VTA. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2012, 05:17 pm »
When I say lowering the ball, I am not suggesting it goes deeper into the goop. Since the ball is attached to the tonearm, then it is what will be lower.And as anyone who had looked closely at the table will know, the pillar tower will need to be lowered in order to lower the ball (there is no other way to lower the ball). As will the goop holder need to be lowered, to the same degree to avoid overdamping.

Erocka2000

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2012, 02:31 am »
Thanks, Thread.  I didn't realize I could post pictures here, so here ya go.  I'm loving it so far!