Pure DSD output from Oppo to MYTEK DSD DAC

pjo

Pure DSD output from Oppo to MYTEK DSD DAC
« on: 20 Jul 2011, 09:20 am »
Hi I am getting MYTEK Stereo DSD 192K DAC wich has DSD input of SDIF3. Plus MYTEX 8X192 with SONOMA(ST optical link and Dsub-25 SDIF 3 multichannel).
My question: Is there any converter(s) available which can convert DSD signal(not down-converted to PCM) from HDMI port of Oppo player to SDIF 3 (multichannelor 2 ch) or to ST link ?

Best

pjo

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Pure DSD output from Oppo to MYTEK DSD DAC
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2011, 06:50 pm »
No, there isn't.  That hardware would be against the copyright/protection mechanisms that Sony put in place in the SACD scarletbook spec. 

My advise is to buy the standard Mytek stereo DSD 192k DAC that Michal has announced/delivered, and do DSD-native over USB.  This would be possible with the PS3 hack (software breaking the code) mentioned in my SACD-PS3 thread
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.0

Then taking those DSDIFF files and sending them via USB to the regular DAC (via Pure Music's DSD capability).  It isn't a multichannel solution (PS3 rips are, Pure Music isn't) though.......yet!  I spoke with Rob at PM yesterday and told him to get there (mutlicahnnel) soon cuz I'd like a DSD multichannel player to go with something like an 8x192DSD.