Sean (The Skiing Ninja) and Sarah (Mrs. Ninja) Ries Need our Support and Help

Forest Dweller

My fellow Friends and audioholics,

It is with both great sadness and never-ending hope, that I post this for my, and many of -collectively- those here on A.C. - our dear friends; Sean (The Skiing Ninja) and Sarah Ries (Mrs. Ninja). Many of you may have had the pleasure to have impeccable work done by Sean; or just had the opportunity to meet and appreciate both him and Sarah, through other audio avenues.

Sean and Sarah have been dear friends since I met them in 2004. They are both highly intelligent, strong, loving and caring individuals. They have constantly reached-out to others, offering assistance, with every good intent to bring joy and fulfillment; many times on a “no deposit/no return” basis. This news for them is overwhelming, as I’m sure everyone will understand.

I very recently received a text from Sean, saying; “I need to talk to you about something, and probably the sooner the better”.

Those carefully chosen words “couldn’t be good”. I had a pretty long conversation with both Sean and Sarah about what was going on.

Sarah penned the words to describe the situation, below.

I had no idea about this horrible disease; and the more I subsequently researched on my own; the more intensity I felt about it; and the fate of every person trying to deal with this commonly misdiagnosed and tragically fatal disease.

Please read Sarah’s words, and visit the links mentioned. Watch the video they put together to give some history and help explain the situation. Help if you can, and if nothing else; your awareness of LBD will be increased.

Chris aka “Forest Dweller”

…from Sarah…

Greetings friends and family,

Some of you have heard and some have not but Sean and I are facing quite the life challenge.

Sean has been battling some challenges for years and we were treating each symptom as a separate issue.  Recently, Sean's new doctor discovered, after they looked at years of doctors files on Sean, that treating those challenges as one illness made more sense. It was a revelation but at the same time, entirely expected.

Earlier this month Sean was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia (LBD).  The diagnosis was shocking to us but as we learned about it, it made sense.

Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) is another form of degenerative dementia like Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and has the Lewy protein called alpha-synuclein that those with Parkinson's have in the brainstem but in LBD the invade the whole brain.  No cure or definitive treatment for LBD has been discovered as yet. What they can do is treat the symptoms; shaking, agitation, depression, and memory loss. It is terminal and the disease has an average duration of 5 to 7 years. Sean has been diagnosed early so we are optimistic that is lifespan will be longer. Learn more at www.lbda.org

Many of you also know that Sean has been my caregiver after I was diagnosed with an auto-immune illness several years ago. This is flipping the tables. I am now his advocate and support.

Please join me by checking out this fundraiser a friend has started for Sean and by sharing it with everyone you know. LBD affects so many but most have never heard of it. I am doing my best to raise awareness and help my husband.

Mrs. Ninja (Sarah Ries)

Go Fund Me!
https://www.gofundme.com/seanwithlewy

Sean, modding my GR Research LS-9 XOs

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Sorry to know it, hope the best for them.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Thank you for bringing Sean's plight to our attention. I'm sorry to learn of it.

I have contributed something to help.

Best of luck, Sean.

Regards,

Michael

kramertc

I have contributed.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

borism

I wish Sean good luck and have also contributed.

GentleBender

Don't forget about Sean. I can only imagine not being able to work and the stress it causes on top of the health issues.

His GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/seanwithlewy