Useful Natural Fruit Juices

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Useful Natural Fruit Juices
« on: 14 Jul 2016, 10:12 pm »
Energy: carrot, pineapple and apple.

Weight Loss: pineapple, apple and gingerbread.

Reduce cholesterol: pineapple, mint leaf and apple.

Detox 1: apple, Kiwi, kale and lemon.

Detox 2: pineapple, apple.

Calming Sex: cabbage, soybean leaves, drops of olive oil.

Easy Tan: carrot and tangerine.

Drunk 1: banana and watermelon.

Drunk 2: watermelon, pineapple and mint leaf.

Flu: guaraná, acerola, honey.

Diuretic 1: spinach, cress, carrot, pineapple.

Diuretic 2: orange, medium bunch of green grapes, watermelon, mint branch.

Metabolism Accelerator: cabbage leaf butter, bunch of parsley, Grated ginger, cucumber, small apple.

Anti-cellulite: cucumber, apple, beet, carrot.

Anti Fatigue: peeled kiwi, orange juice, banana, honey.

Antidepressant: beets, spinach 1 branch, carrots, apples, parsley.

Anti-stress: water, strawberries, pears, bananas, brewer's yeast.

Foods that will better the juices:
Ginger (thermogenic)
Cinnamon (thermogenic)
Guarana powder (Thermic and energizing)
Teas (green, hibiscus, horsetail, lemongrass, kill, black, etc.)
Mint, parsley, celery
Sprouted seeds and grains, for example: chia, sunflower, sesame, linseed, oats, quinoa and almonds
Yams or sweet potatoes.

ACHiPo

Re: Useful Natural Fruit Juices
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2016, 06:01 am »
Great list!  I do a lot of green smoothies.  I prefer to blend rather than juice (more pulp/fiber).

My usual is a handful of frozen berries, water, kale.

Here's a great book with lots of recipes:
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Life-Victoria-Boutenko/dp/097048190X

BobM

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2016, 11:57 am »
I often make a smoothie with the following, it's the fruit that we have around most often and I like the taste ... what is this good for?

Banana
Strawberry
Blueberry
Oatmeal
Yogurt
sometimes Pineapple in place of one of the others

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm »
I cant eat Strawberry, Blueberry and Pineapple together w/yogurt or milk, afew minutes after I need run to the toilet... :o
Also watermelon and milk.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:22 pm »
According to a local nutritionist the 10 recommended foods to activate the brain are:
olive oil, black bean, whole grains, dark green leaves, red fruits and vegetables, chicken, nuts and nuts, black grape juice and fish.
Its grilled fish and roasted, not fried fish comes. Who entered in the list and is part of mind diet is the sardine. Sardine showed all the benefits that others have.

Sardine is not expensive, is a champion in omega 3, essential for brain health. But must be natural sardines, forget that in can.
The diet recommends blackberry juice a small cup per day(antioxidant). Our main idea is that it provides antioxidants enough to keep the gray matter active, memory and learning.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2016, 01:32 pm »
Hi FullRange, nothing against fruit juice but your better off just eating the fruit itself. Have you ever seen how many oranges it takes to make a quart of orange juice? All the sugar adds up and in most fruit juices is the equivalent of the sugar found in the same size amount of soda, Coke ect...Read the label if you don't believe that. Forget about losing any weight.
   Berries are where it's at as they are low on the hypoglycemic index.
    2 supplements I take to get the benefits of fruit without a massive sugar input are grapeseed extract and cranberry concentrate. Who doesn't love those 2 juices...Mark Korda......also another great benefit of the Sardine is it's short life. They don't have time to absorb toxins like Mercury like a longer lived fish,Tuna. Google Ginkgo Biloba as a supplement for brain function.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jul 2016, 02:11 pm »
You make sense Mark, thanks for contribute.

Early B.

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2016, 03:46 pm »
Hi FullRange, nothing against fruit juice but your better off just eating the fruit itself. Have you ever seen how many oranges it takes to make a quart of orange juice? All the sugar adds up and in most fruit juices is the equivalent of the sugar found in the same size amount of soda, Coke ect...Read the label if you don't believe that. Forget about losing any weight.

Exactly. Consume the fruit as nature intended.

Fruit juice is usually not a good thing. You need the fiber along with the fruit to slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, and juicing typically destroys most of the fiber. You're left with very high concentrations of sugar. You may as well eat a couple of candy bars instead.   

ctviggen

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2016, 08:04 pm »
Exactly. Consume the fruit as nature intended.

Fruit juice is usually not a good thing. You need the fiber along with the fruit to slow the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, and juicing typically destroys most of the fiber. You're left with very high concentrations of sugar. You may as well eat a couple of candy bars instead.

Totally agree.  Fruit juice is terrible and should be avoided at all costs. 

Even fruits aren't great.  This person compares fruit with 55% chocolate, and chocolate scores amazingly well:

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2015/12/sugar-in-fruit/

Personally, I eat very little fruit.  Pretty much only berries, then only a handful or less, and then only in season.  I went on a low carb diet and tried to eat grapefruit, which is supposedly low glycemic.  It just shot my blood sugar through the roof and caused cravings.  Since then, I eat only small amounts of fruit.

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2016, 05:06 am »
Dr. Bernstein is one of the longest living diabetics of all time, for 69 years now. He is 81. He never eats or drinks of any fruit. Fruit juices is very bad.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/about/

bummrush

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2016, 02:39 pm »
Hemp seed

Wayner

« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2016, 03:25 pm »
Dr. Bernstein is one of the longest living diabetics of all time, for 69 years now. He is 81. He never eats or drinks of any fruit. Fruit juices is very bad.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/about/

Right on the money. As ctviggen says eat the orange, don't drink the orange juice. Way too concentrated, way too much sugar (even if it is natural).

ctviggen

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2016, 01:04 pm »
Definitely agree that juices are bad for the vast majority of people.  Some people can eat fruit, there are a few people I work with who can do so.  Since I've become insulin resistant, though, I avoid eating fruit other than berries or small sections of fruit, and then only in season.  We just went blueberry and black raspberry picking for instance, and I'll eat some of these berries.  When they're gone, I won't eat more except rarely, until next year.  If you're insulin resistant at all, fructose is poison.  It causes or exacerbates fatty liver disease.  It's uniquely fattening. 

Wayner

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2016, 03:11 pm »
Have you ever tried cinnamon?

Folsom

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2016, 06:43 pm »
Definitely agree that juices are bad for the vast majority of people.  Some people can eat fruit, there are a few people I work with who can do so.  Since I've become insulin resistant, though, I avoid eating fruit other than berries or small sections of fruit, and then only in season.  We just went blueberry and black raspberry picking for instance, and I'll eat some of these berries.  When they're gone, I won't eat more except rarely, until next year.  If you're insulin resistant at all, fructose is poison.  It causes or exacerbates fatty liver disease.  It's uniquely fattening.

Uhhh.... you're just hurting yourself.

You should start taking choline and maybe the bioactive version too.

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2016, 08:20 pm »
Hi, sometimes you have to keep a sharp eye. Here's an example.....Chobani Greek Yogurt. Oh, the health books praise the benefits of Greek yogurt. Each one, with fruit contains 15 grams of sugar. I just read the labels of (non-fat) Chobani yogurt.
    I've watched a hundred of those survival shows on cable and when a famished,dehydrated survivor finds a piece of fruit it gives him or her a boost of energy and well being, much like desert! You can't live on desert. Some roasted grubs on a stick is what you need. I myself will go with a Dairy Queen Buster Bar.
   Here's where I thought I was doing something good for myself. While on the fly going to a paint job I was grabbing a Stoneyfield Smoothie, already to go in the dairy counter,8 oz., non-fat, organic, made on a farm in New Hampshire, very all natural stuff. When I checked the label one day it said over 35 grams of sugar. No more. Non-fat and smoothie sell that sugar bomb.
    Here is where the truth be known......A simple question to all.....How many can admit to this....It's late at night, your all alone, except with a brand new pint of Ben and Jerrys Coffee Toffee  Heathbar Crunch with Girl Scout Cookie Mint Chips and you say to your self; Just 1 good tablespoon before I hit the sack. When you wake up in the morn the carton is licked clean and capsized on the floor....Mark Korda

RPM123

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2016, 12:07 am »