uDAC-2 killing USB Host Controller

ptyork

uDAC-2 killing USB Host Controller
« on: 11 Jun 2011, 04:14 pm »
Well, not exactly, but on resume from S3 sleep, the uDAC seemingly is "reporting" itself as having problems. The error message shown in the device (Intel ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller--basically the USB host built into the motherboard) is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". It stops whatever USB port the uDAC is connected to AND the two ports surrounding it (very odd). Happens probably 50% of the time. Sometimes after 30 seconds of sleep, sometimes after a day. No obvious pattern.

The "fix" is to disable the device and then re-enable it. But this bites. Especially since it takes other devices down with it.

Anyone else seen this bad behavior before? Do I have a problem with the hardware in my uDAC? Obviously no other USB devices have this issue and I've tried it on multiple ports. Any help?

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: uDAC-2 killing USB Host Controller
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2011, 01:30 am »
Please change the Sleep control to make sure 'Do Nothing' in Sound Property.  I think the motherboard doing USB power management may be causing the problem. 

ptyork

Re: uDAC-2 killing USB Host Controller
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2011, 01:32 pm »
Not quite sure what that means. I couldn't find a Sound Property that had anything to do with sleep (or power management for that matter). I did find the "power management" setting on the USB "hub" device (internal, not external hub) that is attached to the controller and I unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box. This did not fix the problem. I also checked out the BIOS on the motherboard. No luck there, either.

Can you direct me to the property that you are talking about?

Thanks!