Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Re: Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?
« Reply #20 on: 14 Sep 2009, 03:17 pm »
Jason
great news on V3. I have 2 9V2Ses and did not think it could get any better but ......
I live in the UK, will upgades need to come thru Calif. Let me know how it works for someone in the UK

worldcat

« Reply #21 on: 14 Sep 2009, 05:16 pm »
Is there a difference in REF 18 and v3?  Is this 2 different amps??

Rx8man

« Reply #22 on: 15 Sep 2009, 12:39 am »
Thanks Jason, that's just what I suspected of an already great amp design, power supply improvements is where it's at.

It will put the icing on the cake, that's for sure.  aa
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2009, 01:55 am by Rx8man »

cheetah

« Reply #23 on: 16 Sep 2009, 02:42 pm »
When will the V3 upgrade be available internationally?  Can it be available by mid October or earlier?

Thanks

daz_bike

« Reply #24 on: 16 Sep 2009, 08:22 pm »
Cheetah,

I think we all want to hear some dates or at least approxiamte time frame of availability for V3.  Also, interested when Nuforce will announce this new product that will 'instantly transform' ANY system - Nuforce or otherwise.  More Cables/Filter?? Jason?

worldcat

« Reply #25 on: 17 Sep 2009, 12:34 am »
How about REF 18 a more high end amp  than V3??  Thats what i want to know

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #26 on: 17 Sep 2009, 10:27 pm »
V3 is our technology version (like Intel CPUs) and everything amplifier related is based on it.
Ref 18 has double width ( Ref 9 x 2, get it ;)) and the chassis cost a lot more due to generous use of aluminum and design. It also has top of the line WBT terminals. It may be fitted with a bigger power supply. We haven't finalize yet.  Ref 9V2SE is near perfect and V3 already takes it further.  We don't leave a lot of room left for improvement on Ref 9V3SE. That's the way we do things. 
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2009, 02:39 am by nuforce-jason »

worldcat

« Reply #27 on: 18 Sep 2009, 04:20 pm »
Will the new upgrade be 9V3  or 9V3SE?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #28 on: 19 Sep 2009, 02:56 am »
Ok, one last time (for those new customers):
Everything will be transitioned into V3 and UPGRADE is available to every amp products going back to 2005, even the discontinued Ref 8.

IA-7V3, Ref 9V3, Ref 9V3SE, Stereo 8.5V3 are the new version of the Reference series.
So all the previous IA-7V2, IA-7V1, Ref 9V1, Ref 9V2, Ref 9V2SE, ..... etc can all be upgraded.
When we upgrade your amp, you get a new serial number and face plates (except the integrated) that has V3 logo.
The warranty of the upgraded module is renewed.

At the same time as we upgrade all our amps (if you find any used Nuforce amps, buy it for cheap and upgrade), we also introduce new products.  We have been asked over the years to come out with 17" wide chassis amps.  Therefore the Reference 18 is the mono amp in this premium line.

As I have said in the V3 topic, we are making a transition worldwide to V3. We are in the process of shipping V3 boards to distributors worldwide. Most of the volume shipment will begin around mid October where 1000 boards come off production line.  Our upgrade pricing is very low in the high-end market so we are counting on the volume to make it up.

STEF

« Reply #29 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:44 pm »
What about a new preamp (with 17" wide chassis and fully balanced) with the ref 18 ? :drool:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 19 Sep 2009, 06:37 pm »
That's P-18 due mid December 2009

chris31fr

« Reply #31 on: 19 Sep 2009, 07:48 pm »
Cheetah,

Also, interested when Nuforce will announce this new product that will 'instantly transform' ANY system - Nuforce or otherwise.  More Cables/Filter?? Jason?
Yes we want to know  :wink:

timothyharnett

« Reply #32 on: 19 Sep 2009, 10:26 pm »
I think if I had to say one thing that I'd like from a V3 it would be better imaging.  The tonal balance of the 9SE V2 is about right and it's very good from top to bottom but it's only the imaging that falls behind some of the other amps that I have.

If it's the same jump in quality from the V1 to V2, it will be something to look forward to.

officiumkong

« Reply #33 on: 19 Sep 2009, 11:22 pm »
Hi Jason, like to know whether V3 can solve the tuner interference or not, thank you.

timothyharnett

« Reply #34 on: 20 Sep 2009, 07:35 pm »
Officium, Do you still get that?  Mine was shocking on V1 but cleared up on V2 and is now silent.  Are you using an internal or external aerial?

officiumkong

« Reply #35 on: 20 Sep 2009, 08:28 pm »
Thank you for your concern,timothyharnett. My nuforce amp is V2SE the tuner is a Pioneer one with external aerial. The interference is so keen that the stereo signal is totally jamed. The signal could only heard in the mono mode with the tuner and aerial place in another room.

Is there any other choice of tuner model which can work smoothly with nuforce?

ClothEars

« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2009, 02:19 am »
Ok, one last time (for those new customers):
Everything will be transitioned into V3 and UPGRADE is available to every amp products going back to 2005, even the discontinued Ref 8.

IA-7V3, Ref 9V3, Ref 9V3SE, Stereo 8.5V3 are the new version of the Reference series.
So all the previous IA-7V2, IA-7V1, Ref 9V1, Ref 9V2, Ref 9V2SE, ..... etc can all be upgraded.
When we upgrade your amp, you get a new serial number and face plates (except the integrated) that has V3 logo.
The warranty of the upgraded module is renewed.

At the same time as we upgrade all our amps (if you find any used Nuforce amps, buy it for cheap and upgrade), we also introduce new products.  We have been asked over the years to come out with 17" wide chassis amps.  Therefore the Reference 18 is the mono amp in this premium line.

As I have said in the V3 topic, we are making a transition worldwide to V3. We are in the process of shipping V3 boards to distributors worldwide. Most of the volume shipment will begin around mid October where 1000 boards come off production line.  Our upgrade pricing is very low in the high-end market so we are counting on the volume to make it up.

Hi Jason
I have a question for you regarding people that have only just bought a V2 amp.  I bought my Ref9 V2SE's from the Australian distributor only a couple of weeks ago and no mention was made of an upgraded version (V3) being released in a few weeks.  It now appears that if I wish to have the V3 board I will have to pay an upgrade fee even though the dealer will receive his V3 boards to replace V2 boards for free on his current V2 stock.  Had I known of this imminent upgrade I would have waited for the V3 and saved myself the hassle and money.  What about a deep discount for people who have only just bought V2 amps?
Regards
ClothEars

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #37 on: 21 Sep 2009, 09:05 pm »
I have a question for you regarding people that have only just bought a V2 amp.  I bought my Ref9 V2SE's from the Australian distributor only a couple of weeks ago and no mention was made of an upgraded version (V3) being released in a few weeks.  It now appears that if I wish to have the V3 board I will have to pay an upgrade fee even though the dealer will receive his V3 boards to replace V2 boards for free on his current V2 stock.  Had I known of this imminent upgrade I would have waited for the V3 and saved myself the hassle and money.  What about a deep discount for people who have only just bought V2 amps?

If you just bought a V2 amp within 90% of the MSRP in September, you get FREE upgrade, otherwise 50% discount. If you bought in July and August, you get 50% discount.

I know, whenever a new product is introduced (your distributor didn't know until about 2 weeks ago), there is always a transition problem.  Therefore we have to draw the line somewhere. By offering the above deal and our upgrade price is very modest, I think we have done just about everything we could to satisfy everyone.
I am sure your distributor would give you some discount too.

Jason

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #38 on: 21 Sep 2009, 09:10 pm »

So far we haven't had any unsolvable tuner RFI problem (only two or three reported to us) on V2.  Switching amp will have some level of RFI and if your station's signal is too weak, then it would have been a problem. You also need to use a shielded antenna cable (RG59 or RG6) from your antenna to your tuner.  It is best to place the antenna away from the amp. Email support to get help. V3 should have less RFI than V2.

timothyharnett

« Reply #39 on: 22 Sep 2009, 12:03 am »
Thank you for your concern,timothyharnett. My nuforce amp is V2SE the tuner is a Pioneer one with external aerial. The interference is so keen that the stereo signal is totally jamed. The signal could only heard in the mono mode with the tuner and aerial place in another room.

Officium, I've used several tuners albeit mostly British ones such as Quad and Leak although I have also used Sansui.

What Jason says is correct, the first step is to use shielded aerial cable going to a rooftop antenna.  The next step for me would be to look at your earth and I would also consider shielded speaker cable if you haven't already.  The last point might sound a bit odd but with V1 this made a difference as it seemed to broadcast interference from the speaker cable.  When I switched from shielded speaker cable to unshielded speaker cable with the V1, I actually lost my television signal!   As mentioned, with V2, I have had no problems though.

If you track back early on in this forum to the V1 days, you should see threads which deal with this subject.

I'm assuming that the tuner works correctly with other amplifiers.