Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?
« on: 4 Sep 2009, 09:05 am »
My IA-7 v2 has been waiting for some improvement. I can't wait to see how this can get even better what it is. Even better high frequency refinement (SET like), a more liquid midrange. Bass is as good as it can get already.

sorry i am just being a bit greedy... :drool: :drool: :drool:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Any plan for a V3 in the forseable future?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2009, 12:57 am »
Seriously big news coming from Nuforce very soon. We will rock the audio world again by advancing Class-D amplifier performance and introduce a new invention that will instantly transform the performance of any audio system (even if it is not Nuforce).

Jason

Kenobi

« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2009, 04:12 pm »
Jason,

Would love to hear updates whenever available.  The sooner the better...

Kenobi

mr_bill

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2009, 05:52 pm »
Jason,
Time frame for V3 announcement?
Upgrade path for 9SE V2 owners?

Rx8man

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2009, 01:53 am »
I knew V3 was in the making, just wondering if it has anything to do with the power supplies.

Nice to have the modular upgrade feature, more companies should heed to this, instead of having to sell out your stuff and buy entirely new (been through that crap)

This will be very interesting news to follow, while other companies go back to the drawing board !

Keep up the great work Jason and Casey  aa aa
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2009, 11:16 pm by Rx8man »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2009, 04:00 am »
Ok, Vxxx refers to our amp technology version, just like the Intel CPU.
The amplifier board can be mixed and matched with different power supplies and custom capacitor board.
And the best combination goes into the top of the line model.

We have made pretty significant improvement to the sound quality (you don't think it could get any better from V2 until you hear V3) by modifying feedback path, optimizing the circuit and increase stability. Most high-end audio companies can't do what we do since they don't control the technology.

The upgrade price that we offer is less than what most people paid for simple modification or some accessories. We give you complete amp board replacement with renewed warranty (for the amp board) at the cost of a pair of mid price cable! Those who went from V1 to V2 knows that we don't just offer a small tweak when we go from one generation to another. Otherwise we would call it V2.01  :nono:

Jason

jerryc

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2009, 10:09 pm »
Jason, I have been waiting for this for a long time! Can you be specific on the release date? Also you mentioned quite sometime ago that Nuforce would be releasing even higher end products than ref 9 V2SE, is that still the case?

Could you also let us know the specs of V3SE?

Thanks!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2009, 06:25 pm »
Higher end products...hmmm.... Do you mean these two bad ass looking thing? Estimate MSRP $7000 to $7500 for the mono pair.

I will make an announcement for V3 very soon. We didn't go off the deep end selling earphones if people have been wondering. By the way, as far as earphones is concern, NE-6 has arrived and shipping now.

A lot of new products (and old products will be new again) coming. Crazy, all within the next 3 months.
Has anyone seen the new websites? The high-end site reviewed in a few days.

jerryc

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2009, 08:39 pm »
Those monoblocks look really nice. Looking forward to read more about them. Will the release of V3 still mean that current V2 can still be upgradeable to V3?

Can't wait to find out more about them.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2009, 06:14 am »
Even our discontinued Ref 8  (v1) in 2005 can be upgraded to V3 so definitely all V2 products can be upgraded.

Welborne

« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2009, 06:42 am »
Even our discontinued Ref 8  (v1) in 2005 can be upgraded to V3 so definitely all V2 products can be upgraded.

excellent job Jason!!!

I wonder if my ia-7 v2 can be made to work as power amp too, as i wnat to use it with my Promitheus TVC passive pre.

WerTicus

« Reply #11 on: 12 Sep 2009, 10:38 am »

this is fantastic, is it really an upgrade or more of a trade in though? :)

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2009, 01:02 pm »
Upgrade! Unless you are going to Ref 18.
We OWN our technology so you can count on us to standardize on a platform. V3 is a direct replacement of V2 board.

neutralos

« Reply #13 on: 12 Sep 2009, 10:38 pm »
eeehhhh ... better than V2 ? :o  Is this a try to cheat ? :scratch:

BTW: your new homepage design makes good progresses. It?s nonetheless uncomplete I think.
Good choice to change the different mirrors nuforce and nuforce-icon to one gateway.
I hope the highend section will get a new wallpaper soon, too.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2009, 12:07 pm »
Yes, high-end site will get a make over in the next few days.
We won't put out a V3 if it is not better than V2. Because the cost of doing a technology wholesale conversion is very high:
- we have to write off every V2 boards either partial or completed in production and warehouse inventory, including many brand new stocks (fortunately we can re-install the v3)
- we have to replace all the existing stocks that are with distributors worldwide, free of charge! Ouch!

Nuforce is the only high-end company willing and able to do so because this platform and strategy was designed 5 years ago.

Caar

« Reply #15 on: 13 Sep 2009, 07:44 pm »
Hi Jason,
Can Ref9 SE V2 be upgraded to the bad ass looking thing?

Rx8man

« Reply #16 on: 13 Sep 2009, 10:02 pm »
This is great news, I bet the competition will run for cover once these puppies hit the market  aa

Jason, will V3 SE have an even more relaxed, easeful  presentation than say, current V2 SE's ? 

If so, these amps will be truly frickin smokin  :drool:
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2009, 11:12 pm by Rx8man »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #17 on: 14 Sep 2009, 04:09 am »
Basically V3 is better than V2 in every way (from measurement and listening test). So regardless of the model that you have (SE or not), the improvement will show.  Does it mean that the 9V3 could sound better than 9V2SE? We haven't done the direct comparison, but most likely (similarly, 9V2 outperforms 9V1SE). Obviously 9V3SE will achieve the next level of performance at all frequency range, clarity, resolution, dynamic.

What about power increase? V2 to V3 is an amplifier improvement, not power (slight improvement on 4 ohm load). But this new amp board will benefit from future power supply improvement.  Since Nuforce amp has been widely used worldwide with many speakers and there hasn't been much complain about lack of power, we decided to focus on amp board improvement.

Upgrade => directly replacement of existing module, no change of appearance.
Trade-in => change of product. It is obvious that you can't upgrade from a 8.5" wide chassis to the 17" wide Ref 18 so that will be a trade-in.   We make a pledge to provide upgrade path but there is no guarantee for trade-in.  It is too early to discuss trade-in for Ref 18 because we have not even determine on the performance of Ref 18.  We can't sell something with higher price without good justification for it.

Welborne

« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2009, 08:08 am »
Basically V3 is better than V2 in every way (from measurement and listening test). So regardless of the model that you have (SE or not), the improvement will show. 

How exciting this is indeed.

Welborne

« Reply #19 on: 14 Sep 2009, 08:11 am »

Jason, will V3 SE have an even more relaxed, easeful  presentation than say, current V2 SE's ? 

This is also what I have been hoping for. This is not to say the original V2 lacks these attributes ,but it could have been closer to "perfecton" on a few areas. We are just nit picking.  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: aa aa