UN REAL TURN AROUND TIME FOR REF. 9 SE MOD

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
UN REAL TURN AROUND TIME FOR REF. 9 SE MOD
« on: 11 Jul 2006, 03:01 pm »
 i just sent in my ref 9s for se upgrade, and my p-8 for updates on this past friday and i will have them back in new orleans on this friday, wow now thats customer service :thumb:, its going to be a real musical time in the big easy this weekend, if any one has been through the upgrade whats you findings on breakin time, and music changes as time gets on the amps, mike

John Casler

Re: UN REAL TURN AROUND TIME FOR REF. 9 SE MOD
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2006, 04:20 pm »
i just sent in my ref 9s for se upgrade, and my p-8 for updates on this past friday and i will have them back in new orleans on this friday, wow now thats customer service :thumb:, its going to be a real musical time in the big easy this weekend, if any one has been through the upgrade whats you findings on breakin time, and music changes as time gets on the amps, mike

Ooops!

Looks like you already knew what I posted in the other thread. :oops:

Looking forward to how you like the Ref9SE's once burned in.

clar2391

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2006, 08:31 pm »
beachbum, i'm also in the new orleans area.  i just got a pair of 8.5s and i ordered a p-8.  it's good to hear that the p-8 sounds nice.  there aren't many reviews or postings about it.

beachbum

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2006, 01:08 am »
sure thing john, i have seen a few comments on other sites on the se, looks like after 75 hours they start coming around, i am going to do all of my burn in listening and not just play a burn in cd while away, i want to hear the changes my self, hey clar 2391 what a pleasure to here there is someone else in the area, i am in marrero lets get together sometime, you are going to love the p-8 with your 8.5s, happy music listening, and have a good one, mike

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2006, 09:30 am »
To find out how P-8 stack up against other preamp, we decided to purchase a brand new Mark Levinson preamp (forgot the model, it retails for $10,000). Hmm, P-8 comes pretty close. In some area, we think P-8 is more neutral and transparent than ML. ML is more musical (P-8 sounded a little lean comparing to this top of the line preamp). I can see that some people might prefer the clean sounding P-8.

beachbum

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2006, 01:38 am »
got back from vacation yesterday, my ref-9 SE and p-8 were shipped to my work so i could get them home asap, as of now i have about 15 hrs on them and from my listening right out of the box there is a distinctive difference between the ref 9s, the SE has more punch, imaging, definition, and the stage is more detailed, the low end is rock solid, and that carries right through the mids and highs, as of now they are easy to sit and listen to for hours on end, thanks Jason and the nuforce crew for a quick and fine job on my ref 9s, will follow with more as time goes on,

paul canady

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2006, 05:51 pm »
Beachbum, was the money well spent on the 9 SE's? Do you feel you got more than your money's worth? It would have to be at least a 50% better improvement and if it is then these should be at the top of a lot of people's list of amps to try. Let me know after you have over a 100 hours on them.

stingfan

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2006, 05:03 pm »

What type of P-8 updates did you get? Are they specific to the pairing with 9SE updates, or did you just have an early unit?  I recently received my P-8 built in early 2006.  Just curious if there are new mods we should know about.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2006, 10:56 pm »
In the first production of P-8 around December 2005 to January 2006, the front panel volume control was not fine enough so we made adjustment to that.

beachbum

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2006, 01:13 am »
hello a sorry for the delay, i have been having my hands full with home projects, on the p-8, Jason hit it on the head the step on the volume is increased, as for the ref 9 SE upgrades i have well over 100 hrs on them now, and yes it was well worth the money, glad i did it, and not looking back, gota go enjoy sunday with the Beatles have a good one, mike  :thumb: