What source component do you use for NuForce?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« on: 31 Aug 2005, 03:46 am »
NuForce dealers or end users plesae post your recommended source components here. May be say a few words about them.  Thanks.

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2005, 07:16 pm »
I am currently running a McCormack UDP-1 ($3495), with a Luminous Audio passive volume control ($175?).

The McCormack is a stunning performer on 2 channel.  Spectacular midrange warmth and layering, and terrific dynamics as well.  

I do not sell either one of these products, but I do wholeheartedly recommend them.

Cheers!

referenceaudionz

Bluenote Stibbert tube output CDP
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:26 am »
Though I do sell Bluenote, the tubed Stibbert CD player from Italy gets an unqualified recommendation.

I couldn't believe the resolution it pulls from CD. Beats CDPs up to three or four times the cost and would shame many LP systems. With a spring suspended chassis derived from their top turntabes, it's a stunner in every way.

Closer to a top vinyl source than it has any right to be, and at reasonable cost. The standard version isn't rolled off or or brittle, but the optional tube stage is a huge upgrade. It adds refinement without sacrificing dynamics or extension. I hate the term musical, I'd call it magical – the detail draws you in without pulling apart the performance. It's a digital component that doesn't draw attention to itself and takes no adjustment to a listener of a really good vinyl source.

There's little mention of it so far in the audio press, but I've been told reviews are underway (TAS).

mmakshak

How about reality?
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2005, 05:48 am »
I currently use an Ariston rd110 turntable, which has 20 year old-plus springs.  I have an Oracle mk2, but can afford a current Linn, or should update my Oracle?

jimmyp58

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2005, 11:02 am »
I recently picked up the JoLida line to sell and I have a JD100A CD player in my demo room that the Ref. 9's are in.

Absolutely fantastic.

Jim

William Crane

• Industry Participant
    • http://cranehometheater.com/
« Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2005, 06:51 pm »
The new Jolida JD700 improves on the already great JD100. Plus I rolled the 12AX7 output tubes (front L &R) to Allegro Sound 12AX7Bs: what a remarkable difference. More soundstage, greater detail, dynamics increased and bass extended. And how many DVD players have a full set of balanced outs?

giannettino

Re: What source component do you use for NuForce?
« Reply #6 on: 3 Oct 2005, 01:58 pm »
CD Player..
Audio Analogue Maestro MKII

Analog
Garrad 401, Rega full mod's with Grado Sonata

ARC SP9 (Tubed with Bugle Boy)

I'm very happy with my setup, they sound fast, clear and, in same time, warm..in one word..MUSIC!!
Grazie to all Nuforce's crew..
Gianni
P.S.: i've received today my faceplates silver..WOW!!!!!!!!!!  :)

mmakshak

I've updated my source due to Nuforce
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2005, 10:09 pm »
My Ariston rd110's switch went out.  I then thought what should I do?  I have an Oracle 2 and an Audio Research es-1.  I decided to buy a Linn, Lingo, ekos, archiv, and Mana table.  My switch started to work.  It's been two weeks since I received the Linn($3650 plus $125 shipping), and I haven't put the Linn in yet.  The Nuforce is that good!