Robert Greene's Review of S-9 on The Absolute Sound

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Robert Greene's Review of S-9 on The Absolute Sound
« on: 11 Jan 2007, 08:43 am »
The review is available on the Feb. 2007 issue!

Extract of what he said:
"...The S9s did well on the ultimate test, reproduced versus live music. As it happened, I was doing much of my listening to them during a time when my orchestra (St. Matthew’s Chamber Orchestra) was preparing for a concert. So when I listened to things like the Sitkovetsky/Bach Goldberg Variations, in an arrangement for string orchestra [Nonesuch], I had an almost immediate memory of the real sound of a string orchestra. Few speakers fail to be humiliated by such a recent memory of reality. The S9s were really convincing in this nearly direct comparison with live music. And with their unstrained dynamic behavior, they were convincing on large-scaled orchestral music like full orchestra as well. The famous Byron Janis Rachmaninoff Third Piano Concerto on Mercury was very well done from top to bottom..."

ooheadsoo

Re: Robert Greene's Review of S-9 on The Absolute Sound
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2007, 07:46 am »
I don't know if they're on the shelves, yet, but the feb issue is now available for download.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2007, 10:49 am »
Robert Geene is very low key and I urge readers to read the review twice. I didn't fully understand what he was saying until I read it the second time.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2007, 12:51 am »