What interconnects and cables do you use for NuForce amps?

kharma

Cable
« Reply #20 on: 11 Nov 2005, 12:06 pm »
I'm using interconnect XLR Oritek X-1, Maple Shade speaker cable & XLO power cord for my Nuforce.

ABEX

« Reply #21 on: 11 Nov 2005, 06:33 pm »
I am considering these amps for an HT setup.but I want to know what people are experiencing using unsheilded cables also as from my testing Unsheilded cables have been beter in my experience also.

The only reason to use unsheilded cables are in high interference settings. Most home situaton do not require sheilded cables.

So what about using them with the NuForce amps?

TIA

KJ

« Reply #22 on: 11 Nov 2005, 08:06 pm »
ABEX,

Are you referring to unshielded cables all around or just the ICs?

The only reason to use unsheilded cables are in high interference settings.

Did you mean the only reason to use shielded cables is for a high interference setting?

-KJ

ABEX

« Reply #23 on: 12 Nov 2005, 04:09 pm »
I use 47Labs OTA Cable for most all my connections or Silver Spiral Cable which is my own design which I have found to work well.

I have never had interference problems anywhere.

I was wondering weather the NuForce Amps can be used with Solid Core Wires essentially.

TIA

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 12 Nov 2005, 07:16 pm »
ABEX, you can audition a pair of Ref 8/8b for $30+S&H for 2 weeks to check everything out with your cables and systems.

ABEX

« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2005, 08:52 pm »
Jason
Thanks for the reply.

I plan on doing my system change after the first of the year and if I am to make the change I would go with a full HT setup through you. I tried to call the other day ,but I got a callback msg. and was not going to be in.

I have been exploring what options I will be making and am impressed with what has been written concerning your amps.

Regards,Larry Grac

mmakshak

New interconnect
« Reply #26 on: 24 Nov 2005, 03:56 am »
My amps are now Nuforce 8.02b's(I hope it's okay to mention this).  The amps were updated at the same time I bought the cheapest Oritek X-2 interconnects.  Let me just say the combination is fantastic.  I think that my previous Elf Audio interconnect recommendation has to do with the cheapest retail way to try ccc with a possible RFI reducing weave.  It allowed dynamics to come through.  It is not comparable to the Oritek.  I paid $390 and picked them up.  I can't really(don't want to) separate what did what(I haven't set up a $3650 front end yet{turntable}-so that comes first.).  I was hoping to have Casey listen to these interconnects, but he wasn't there when I picked up my amps.  I was told that the interconnects dominate the system.  I agree with that(It's a good thing.  I can't explain why.).  One of the things that I noticed was the end of the record suprises you.  You don't realize that it's the end of the record(even with familiar records).

Beano

Re: New interconnect
« Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2005, 03:13 pm »
Quote from: mmakshak
My amps are now Nuforce 8.02b's(I hope it's okay to mention this).  The amps were updated at the same time I bought the cheapest Oritek X-2 interconnects.  Let me just say the combination is fantastic.  I think that my previous Elf Audio interconnect recommendation has to do with the cheapest retail way to try ccc with a possible RFI reducing weave.  It allowed dynamics to come through.  It is not comparable to the Oritek.  I paid $390 and picked them up.  I can't really(don't want to) separate what did wha ...

What are your impressions of the differences between the Ref8.01 and 8.02?

WerTicus

« Reply #28 on: 25 Nov 2005, 06:11 am »
the difference is bigger sound stage, better imaging and better separation imo. i was surprised at how much of an improvement such a simple mod made - i think my 8b has had 5 or 6 mods now all for freeeeeee gotta love development!

mmakshak

Nuforce 8.02
« Reply #29 on: 30 Nov 2005, 04:29 pm »
My best guess is what Werticus said about how suprising this simple mod made(Don't get mad about the requests this might generate, Jason) to the sound.  Since I made two changes at once, I can't be sure, but the sound now is tremendous.  Nuforce is a very busy company, and Jason may suggest that you wait a little while before updating.  It seems I get stuck on one album for awhile(hence, my Now Playing selection).

mmakshak

8.01'a versus 8.02's
« Reply #30 on: 9 Jan 2006, 04:32 pm »
I think that for those people who waited(Note:  I have no tuner, in use.), now is the time to get the Nuforce 8's(They are now the 8.02's.).

KrK

Re: What interconnects and cables do you use for NuForce amps?
« Reply #31 on: 15 Jan 2007, 06:16 am »
The last month I replaced my Audio Note cables with Audience AU24. This give me a magnificant better result! The mids and highs are better in balance now. With the Audio Note the set was a tad to crisp and to imposing in the mid-band.

Now with the AU24: the balance is back! I am very happy with them!

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: What interconnects and cables do you use for NuForce amps?
« Reply #32 on: 17 Jan 2007, 04:15 am »
on my ref 9se i am using black sand Violet power cords, jps super conductor two interconnects 1m and six foot speaker cables, very revealing, very musical,