PMCs...................

spinner

PMCs...................
« on: 17 Oct 2011, 02:31 am »
 Does anyone know what the major improvements are between the OB1 and the OB1i ? Thanks..... :scratch:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
Re: PMCs...................
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2011, 04:13 am »
Does anyone know what the major improvements are between the OB1 and the OB1i ? Thanks..... :scratch:

Biggest difference was going to a new soft-fabric dome tweeter co-developed with SEAS although the mid and bass drivers were upgraded ( not replaced like the tweeter, though ) as well. The crossover was also improved as were the cabinets. There is also now the OB1i Signature which offers further crossover tweaking and a fancier finish.

D.D.

spinner

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2011, 11:03 am »
 Thanks Diamond  Dog.  :thumb:

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm »
Spinner, I don't know about the OB1 upgrade to the "i" series in particular, but I upgraded from the MB2 to the MB2i. I did it primarily for the new tweeter; however, I discovered that not only was the high end much better, but also that the overall balance improved. All of this justified the move up, but these speakers didn't come up to their potential until I upgraded from 7BSST amps to 7BSST squared amps. My guess is that the MB2i may be one of the great but under-rated speakers on the market, and perhaps that's because they need particularly good amps to bring out all they can do.

I suspect that the OB1 upgrade would yield similar results.

Dave