Transporter Digital Only mod

Wayne1

Transporter Digital Only mod
« on: 26 Mar 2009, 05:11 pm »
BOLDER Cable will soon be offering mods to the Logitech Transporter to improve the digital output section.

The mods concentrate on the internal power supplies that feed the clock section and the digital output ICs. The output circuit is also optimized for 75 ohm output connectors.

The mods will start at $500.00.

The first unit is on it's way back to it's owner. As soon as I hear some feedback on it, I will add the mod to the website.

I will say it made an improvement in sonics in my system here, compared to the stock Transporter.

So, if you already have a DAC you are happy with, or use a HT Per/Pre and want to play 24/96 files, here is a mod for you.

PLMONROE

Re: Transporter Digital Only mod
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:36 pm »
I will restate what I privately told Wayne earlier today. My transporter arrived yesterday (despite the snow) and I hooked it up, turned it on. and to paraphrase an eloquent expression of my late, little old Scotch grandfather -- "Hell's Fire and Damnation"! What an improvement! And on top of all this Wayne says it will just improve further as it breaks in (which is almost hard to believe). IMHO there is no comparison in how it sounded before as compared to after. GREAT job, Wayne.   :drool:

Paul

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2009, 04:35 pm »
Transporter Digital Only Mods are now on the website

Transporter Mod

The cost is $500.00 plus shipping to improve the sound of the Transporter feeding an external DAC.

This mod should also improve the sound of the Transporter feeding the analog section.

Turnaround time should be under two weeks, once it arrives in Colorado.

thebas

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2009, 03:42 am »
"Hell's Fire and Damnation"! What an improvement! And on top of all this Wayne says it will just improve further as it breaks in (which is almost hard to believe).

Hi Paul

I believe that you are using and external DAC, which one is it?

Also, Wayne said in the first post that the mod should improve the analog section, Do you test it?

Thanks

thebas

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2009, 04:00 am »
BOLDER Cable will soon be offering mods to the Logitech Transporter to improve the digital output section.

Hi Wayne

Are you thinking in others mods for the transporter?

Could you tell us something?

Thanks

Frank S.

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2009, 11:13 am »
Hi Wayne- I'm very interested in this as I feed the digital output of the the Transporter to my Theta Gen VIII S2 Dac. I am using the AES/EBU output on the Transporter.  Will your mod benefit this output? If not, can you modify it for the AES/EBU output so it has the same impact? Thanks.

Frank

Wayne1

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2009, 12:51 pm »
There will be a couple of levels of mods for the digital section of the Transporter.

The first, which was done to PLMONROE's unit involves upgrading the power supplies for the clock and digital output section. This will improve the analog section by providing the DAC chip with a cleaner signal.

The AES output of the Transporter can also be improved with similar upgrades.

The AC inlet of the unit can be upgraded and additional noise reduction added to the AC line.

The analog section, which is what some people don't care for, can be bypassed and the signal run direct from the DAC chip, similar to what is done in the SB mods.

A new analog section can be installed. I have both a solid state version, based on the BOLDER Buffer, and a single tube version.

Please contact me by E-mail or PM for more details.

Thanks for your interest.

SiCHIPS

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2014, 05:05 pm »
Hey Wayne, trouble getting to your email and website link!

I am an Audiophile feeding the Transporter outputs via AES/EBU and Optical with High End cables to an NAD C390DD to a pair of Aerial 10Ts via Audioquest Volcano BiWired.
I am interested in hearing more about the Digital Only mods as I don't need the D/A due to this Integrated Digital only unit!

Please provide me an email link or website link that works! 
And let me know what you think needs to be upgraded...

Hard to believe any digital mods would greatly improve the already low jitter... But I am listening to what you have to suggest!!!

SiCHIPS@Comcast.net

-Laurier  :D :) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: