ModWright Pre-amp

Dennis M. Clark

ModWright Pre-amp
« on: 12 Nov 2003, 01:56 pm »
:) Dan Know your bombarded with ideas for your new pre-amp.  So I'll throw in my two cents.  Decware makes the ZSLA-1 Zen Triode pre-amp.  A pre-amp similar but with more options (CD,Linestage,DVD,Tuner?knob)  Stereo,REv,Mono knob. Volume control ( manual),No balance control.  Oversize transformer.  The tubes that you consider approriate and will give a very high qualityperformance!  Thanks for listening.  Dennis M. Clark

modwright

• Facilitator
    • ModWright Instruments
ModWright SWL 9.0
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2003, 09:37 pm »
I appreciate the input and I am aware of Steve's DecWare designs.  Steve is a great guy and does great work too BTW.

Our unit actually DOES have multiple inputs, will have a tape loop/processor loop and will have two pairs of outputs in the final Production units.  We probably will NOT have a balance and will definitely not have tone control options.  I do not plan to offer a Mono switch either, but otherwise, I believe our unit has the same/similar options.

I am planning to offer upgrades to remote volume control as well as a drop-in phono stage.  These options are all going to be available for the final Production unit of course.

Thanks,

Dan