Xbox and nOrh

jqp

• Facilitator
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Xbox and nOrh
« on: 3 Jan 2003, 05:04 am »
Finally made the effort to get my Xbox playing into my ACA preamp  :P  Wow Xbox is nice with high quality sound! The opening chant in Halo sounds amazing. Good sound really does add to the virtual reality. I would definitely say no subwoofer needed, at least for Xbox. Not sure it produces the LFE anyway? Anyone know?

Now I have a preview of what the 9.0s can do with HT...

nathanm

Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2003, 04:49 pm »
Is it possible to make the Xbox work with a VGA computer monitor?  From what I've seen it seems like NO.  :( I thought the thing was supposed to support higher resolutions - or did that change?

bob82274

Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2003, 06:25 pm »
It does support higher resolutions but really all that means is that when you use the component out you can hook it up to a 1080i HDTV.  I have yet to see it and I would really like to.  I do wonder though how would it act with 16 people playing at that resolution.  Oh for those who haven't played >4 multiplayer you need to organize it as it is really a lot of fun.

jqp

• Facilitator
Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2003, 11:50 pm »
The Xbox basically is a PC designed for TV screens - it follows the DVD-player model for video output, and it plays DVDs. The Xbox games are DVD-games.

The Xbox has:

composite video out (like RCA jacks on a VCR)
SVHS video out (like a DVD and some VCRs) - $10 adapter
Component video out (new DVD players have this) $? adapter

The resolution on my SOny 27" with SVHS in is very good - just like a DVD - I think that means 400 lines on my TV.

The nOrhtec PCs are in some ways similar to the Xbox - instant boot, no fan, will play DVDs or CDs.

jqp

• Facilitator
Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2003, 12:17 am »
Xbox also has the HD pack, but for now all games are max 480p I believe

jqp

• Facilitator
Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2003, 12:19 am »

jqp

• Facilitator
Xbox and nOrh
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2003, 12:20 am »
By the way I think we need an Xbox forum or at least a gaming forum, what with convergence becoming a reality these days...