Tekton Design Double Impact SE

redstarwraith

Tekton Design Double Impact SE
« on: 10 Jul 2020, 12:43 am »
I recently took delivery of a pair of the Tekton Design Double Impact SEs. I like them rather a lot, but they have definitely revealed the weak link in my system to be amplification. I was surprised to learn that  Tekton designer, Eric Alexander likes using amps with A LOT of power to drive his very efficient DIs. To that end, I wonder if something from the Digital Amplifier Company would fit the bill? Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone heard Tekton DIs with these amps?
Thanks in advance for any help.

AvsFan

Re: Tekton Design Double Impact SE
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2020, 04:47 am »
Although I have no experience with Tekton and DAC amps, I do have speakers that are very similar in design philosophy. ZU Audio.
I use DAC amps and ZU Audio Omen Dirty Weekends. Superb combo.

morganc

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2020, 04:59 am »
I use A 2 Cherry with a HE Spatial X-5 with great results.

OzarkTom

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2020, 04:27 pm »
DAC amps even made a pair of the 25K Zellatons sound great at my house.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2020, 04:11 pm »
I’ve heard the DIs with both the KING STM and the MEGA MK2 (stereo version).  Both were nothing short of amazing as a combo. I also heard them driven by a Class-A Pass amp that wasn’t nearly as good as either Cherry Amp with the DIs, IMHO.

2bigears

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2020, 08:06 pm »
 :D so for 3000 bucks ,, is this going to be your speakers ?? They sure are big and heavy.  :D

redstarwraith

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jul 2020, 01:31 am »
:D so for 3000 bucks ,, is this going to be your speakers ?? They sure are big and heavy.  :D

The SEs are upgraded by $1000.

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2020, 09:10 pm »
I own a Tommy O MEGAschino mkII with full cap upgrades. They ran Tekton Enzo XLs with ease and grace and now my upgraded to Electron SE speakers. Do not think you can go wrong with Digital Amplifier Co.

More to come upon break in for sure ... enjoy.

AvsFan

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2020, 12:18 am »
I own a Tommy O MEGAschino mkII with full cap upgrades. They ran Tekton Enzo XLs with ease and grace and now my upgraded to Electron SE speakers. Do not think you can go wrong with Digital Amplifier Co.

More to come upon break in for sure ... enjoy.

There is simply no amp that Tommy builds that won't drive the Tektons to very pleasurable listening levels. Obviously the higher up you go in his amp ladder, the more you are going to get. I started with the STM and now enjoy my ZU Audio Dirty Weeknds on a pair of Golden Cherry Monoblocks. Pure audio bliss.

And it seems we are both moving up the ladder for the two UT based speaker companies. Last week I just put in an order for a pair of ZU Soul Supreme's. So I skipped over quite a few other options to get to those. I am very excited.

I am very interested to hear about your new Electron's.  Tekton makes some good stuff.

NICKTENN

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2020, 01:17 pm »
There is simply no amp that Tommy builds that won't drive the Tektons to very pleasurable listening levels. Obviously the higher up you go in his amp ladder, the more you are going to get. I started with the STM and now enjoy my ZU Audio Dirty Weeknds on a pair of Golden Cherry Monoblocks. Pure audio bliss.

And it seems we are both moving up the ladder for the two UT based speaker companies. Last week I just put in an order for a pair of ZU Soul Supreme's. So I skipped over quite a few other options to get to those. I am very excited.

I am very interested to hear about your new Electron's.  Tekton makes some good stuff.

At the price of the ZU Soul Supreme’s you’re in the window of the Tekton Moab’s and JTR 210RT’s, how did you choose?? 😋

*Edit* Just noticed your other post “... So $3700 for these speakers”, good deal!

AvsFan

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2020, 08:44 pm »
At the price of the ZU Soul Supreme’s you’re in the window of the Tekton Moab’s and JTR 210RT’s, how did you choose?? 😋

*Edit* Just noticed your other post “... So $3700 for these speakers”, good deal!

Yeah, at $4649, probably wouldn't have went this route but at $3700, jumped on it.

Another factor that helped me make this decision is, I already love the ZU sound, so why go somewhere else? I have tried other speakers and design philosophies and they weren't doing it for me on all levels. So I am sticking with what I know.   

mfsoa

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2020, 02:44 am »
I spent a great afternoon with Tommy and a pr of DIs.  The speakers sounded great with either the Maraschinos or a Mega.

I am currently using a Mega Stereo on Maggie 3.6s. Amp and speaker are in love with each other.

I have also heard T's amps do great things with Zus. In every case, out goes the one-off boutique 2 watt SET amp and in goes several hundred watts of Cherry Juice and the speakers come alive.