Looking for upgrades for Zu Omen

azthu

Looking for upgrades for Zu Omen
« on: 1 Jul 2022, 07:44 pm »
Hello I’m trying to get approved here on the circle in order to be able to utilize the forums for my interests. One area I do have specific interest in is if anybody has done any kind of modifications to the zoo almond or dirty weekend series tower? I’m looking for a DIY that’s relatively easy to take them to the next level. Thanks!

mick wolfe

Re: Looking for upgrades for Zu Omen
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jul 2022, 03:57 pm »
In regard to the Zu Omen Dirty weekend, the Clarity cap upgrade is a must as far as I'm concerned. I'd also look into the snubbing resistor option. It smooths the impedance curve and lowers nominal impedance to roughly 8 ohms. The rubber footers are a nice option, but that would depend on the type of floor you have. I use them on a tile over concrete floor. The cap option is the only tweak mentioned that requires a bit of skill and patience as you have remove the drivers to make the change. I would call them direct as the cap upgrade is no longer mentioned at their site. I'm sure they could give you the cap values and manufacturer options if they no longer offer this upgrade.