Atmasphere Class D - Florida Audio Expo 2022

JCarney

Re: Atmasphere Class D - Florida Audio Expo 2022
« Reply #40 on: 27 Feb 2022, 07:44 pm »
Thank You Freo and goryu for your responses.

JCarney

goryu

• Restricted
« Reply #41 on: 27 Feb 2022, 08:17 pm »
Thank You Freo and goryu for your responses.

JCarney

You are most welcome.

pehare

« Reply #42 on: 11 May 2022, 08:28 pm »
My order is in for a pair....my amp the last 12 yrs has been a Music Reference RM10 MkII.......cheers fellas!

Freo-1

« Reply #43 on: 11 May 2022, 09:04 pm »
My order is in for a pair....my amp the last 12 yrs has been a Music Reference RM10 MkII.......cheers fellas!

Outstanding. Looking forward to your impressions. 

Bones13

« Reply #44 on: 1 Dec 2022, 10:15 pm »
I ordered a set, seems like about an 8 week backlog. Ralph was great to email with. Mine are due in January if things go well.

My rational include:  (I did read reviews etc, and they have gotten praise)

1) 100w into 8 ohm is plenty for my Daedalus Muse Studio speakers (~95db, and my current amps are 10w-60w)
2) Light weight (15 pounds each or so) - I was looking at expensive A/B amps - 60-110 pounds (at 63 that starts to matter)
3) Price very nice, compared to the competition (on par with XA30.8 and LTA UltraLinear) ( I was looking at much more expensive amps)
4) Energy efficient (maybe not too important here in the states now, but that can change)
5) Run cool - it does get hot down here in Lower Alabama
6) Monoblocks have sounded better to me so far (DIY M2x monos, and McIntosh MC60s vs DIY Aleph J and DIY ANK EL34 stereo amps)
7) Balanced operation - I run an 18 foot XLR interconnect from the pre to the amps, and have to use transformer for single end amps
       (there is hum using RCA interconnects - I tried several. No hum with my Blue Jean Cable XLRs)
8) Long time, well known Tube Amplifier designer/builder/manufactuer made them, and uses them himself
9) Worse comes to worse, and I don't like them, they should not be too hard to sell.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #45 on: 1 Dec 2022, 11:03 pm »
I got to audition these amps in my system Saturday night along with an Aqua La Scala DAC III Optologic.  I first heard them a few weeks ago at my friends house who also owns the DAC.  He also owns the $21K Atma-Sphere M60 monoblocks and a modified MP3 preamp.

First off, the class D amps sound very nice.  They have thunderous bass.  They have a huge sound stage and excellent transparency.  Compared to the M60 monoblocks they sounded thin.  The mono's have a deeper sound stage, are more musical and have more texture and depth.  The M60's bass is not a good as the Class D amps.  But that can be due to the tubes it is using and there are a lot of them.

Compared to my X250 Pass amp, the Class D amps have more bass and a wider sound stage but the midrange was fuller with my Pass.  The class D's did have more detail.  2 of my friends and my son preferred the Pass and the owner of the Class D preferred it.

We also compared the new Wire World Platinum 8 usb cable to my Audioquest Carbon and all of us (5 people) immediately noticed a difference with the WW having more detail, being smoother and having a darker background.  The music sounded more natural.

We compared the Aqua DAC to my Luxman DA-06.  The DAC's sounded surprisingly similar with some warmth, bloom and rich tones and texture.  However, the Aqua DAC had more detail, with more space between instruments and a slightly fuller sound with a darker background.

If anyone wants a little more info on the sound of the Class D Atma-Sphere amps, PM me.

Larry
« Last Edit: 2 Dec 2022, 12:58 am by I.Greyhound Fan »

Bones13

« Reply #46 on: 13 Feb 2023, 11:57 pm »
Mine have been in my system for a couple of weeks.

Bricasti M12 -> Atma-Sphere Class D -> Daedalus Muse Studio (8 ohm, 95db)

Wonderful amps, small, light, cool. Compared to my DIY Class A amps (10-20 watt), and the 45 watt EL34 DIY AN kit amp, punch, and extension are terrific. Slightly more saturated mids with the Class A amps.

Unless you are looking for tube bloom, these are terrific amps, and are voiced very pleasantly.

morganc

« Reply #47 on: 14 Feb 2023, 02:53 am »
I've got a pair and am enjoying them immensely with my Don Sachs Pre and Spatial X-3's.