30 foot long room needs what?

Desertpilot

• Retired
30 foot long room needs what?
« on: 30 Jun 2021, 08:12 pm »
I have some GIK 6A diffusor/absorbers behind my Spatial Audio Lab X3s (along the front wall).  I believe they are very helpful, especially with the AMT tweeter.  My question is about the back wall.  The back wall is 30 feet back from the front wall and 25 feet back from the speaker baffles.  I know very low frequencies can reach 30 feet.  But what about all the other frequencies?  Don't they all die out before even hitting the back wall?

In other words, aren't bass traps the only acoustic panel I need on the back wall?  I really don't want to spend money on treatments I don't need.

Thanks, Marcus

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: 30 foot long room needs what?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2021, 08:17 pm »
I agree bass trapping is the most important thing on the rear wall, but diffusion can still be quite effective there. Alpha 6As are a fine choice for sure, but if you want to focus on bass trapping maybe think about Monsters with Range Limiters? Or if the room is still a bit too lively keep them fully absorptive.

Desertpilot

• Retired
Re: 30 foot long room needs what?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2021, 09:49 pm »
Thanks James for your quick response.  Yes, I think Monster traps with range limiters is what I need on the back wall.  I have one more piece of equipment to install (next couple weeks).  Then, I'll contact you for suggestions.

Marcus