hey vinyldavid sir

laffy

hey vinyldavid sir
« on: 19 Mar 2021, 04:02 pm »
I Facebooked you a PM but looks like you haven't been there for a minute! laffy is your old fat friend Mike Yaffe! HAW-DEEEE!!!

Let's collaborate on a GTG out in a park of your liking with my PA!!! We can show the GAS indoor crowd how to to do the facsimile of setting up a small outdoor rig with good sound pointers, and shoot the s''' with a little food and drink! I'll be your DJ, and I'll take requests from your USB dongle dookies! I have a choice few TB on hand as well!

Lots of social distancing in an airy space, beautiful springlike weather, I think I started something! Am I too optimistisic too soon?

Just using David as an enthusiastic yungun who've I've had nice interactions with! Let's throw an outdoor whoopteedo and somebody make a banner so we can represent! Bring a covered dish and whatnot!

JUST GAUGING INTEREST!!! Let's get it on!

laffy

Re: hey vinyldavid sir
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2021, 04:09 pm »
Maybe a variant of this viral event (see how I did that?) might be someone with a space somewhat out of earshot from jerks!

Let's collaborate!

Maybe Mark Blackmore brings a coupla trumpets; one for you, one for me too, plus I'll bring my vintage G soprano bugle for a nice set of improvised music (with Mark on first chair of course, hehe)! I can sight-read charts for high school level if you have any favorites on hand, Mark! Didn't I catch it that your wife plays too? Let's play some tasteful music for our friends! NO CHARGE!!!

HA!!!

« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2021, 09:06 pm by laffy »

laffy

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2021, 04:46 pm »
Maybe a GAS-wide jam session! vinyldavid at FOH!!! I'm sure there are some adequate geeter beaters and bass aces like meself within our ranks...

drummerwill! Let's do this, with style and lots of fun! You'll do well!

Anyone else? Everyone else?
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2021, 09:11 pm by laffy »

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2021, 02:18 am »
Oh hey there!  I go your message earlier today.

Let's hold off on any gatherings until we're all vaccinated. 

I had COVID in October and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I do have a fancy digital snake and mixer rig now :)

Your fatter friend,
David

laffy

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2021, 12:34 pm »
I get your drift... I've had both my Pfizer shots and I'm chomping at the bit!

Once we get this thing together, we're employing your new toys!