2021 Capitol Audiofest - Report, Review, and Pics

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: 2021 Capitol Audiofest - Report, Review, and Pics
« Reply #80 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:43 am »
Again, you didn't answer my question.  I didn't ask you if getting the vaccine makes you better if you get sick.  I asked if you think that the vaccine protects you from getting sick in the first place.  Well?

Didn't we establish that those who are vaccinated are scared of being sick for some reason? If people are vaccinated, they should be safe, right?

No. It doesn't.

Answer my question.

/mp

« Reply #81 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:45 am »
81 Replies

2 years worth of traffic in 1 thread. Opinions in this matter from all angles are firmly held. I decline to futility attempt illuminating the errors.
Audio show? Maybe next year. YMMV.
Good luck everyone.   

ServerAdmin

« Reply #82 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:49 am »
OK, so it's time to get back to CAF.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #83 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:49 am »
Ah, so you do agree that the vaccine protects you.  Sorry, I missed that, it was sort of implied in your answer and not stated explicitly. 

And re: being scared of getting covid, I can't speak for others but I can speak for myself.  I've said twice in this thread already (and now a third time) that I'm not afraid of getting Covid, as I already had Covid and I'm vax'd too.  Did you not read that?

So now we've established that we agree that you should not put people in harms way, and we've established that getting the vaccine actually protects you and others.  Splendid.

Now I'm going to move on to my final point.  Herd immunity.  Are you familiar with this term?  Do you know what it is and how it's achieved?

Tyson

« Reply #84 on: 11 Oct 2021, 12:51 am »
OK, so it's time to get back to CAF.

OK, fine.  I felt like I was making good progress with mix4fix and actually getting to some common ground.  But I'll stop since it's pretty far off topic now.

dB Cooper

« Reply #85 on: 11 Oct 2021, 02:48 am »
I was skipping it anyway but I'm double-skipping it now.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #86 on: 11 Oct 2021, 11:33 am »
READ THIS
Jeepers, I take one day to attend my grandson's birthday party and everyone goes nuts.  I just read over every word in this thread and despite strongly held opinions and some verbal jousting, there wasn't a single personal attack.  No one called anyone an idiot, questioned their moral compass, and although someone mentioned god given rights, that's hardly discussing religion and politics has been avoided entirely.  I went into this mornings reading with the thought that I'd be listing the reasons why the thread needs to be sent to the IGW, but I couldn't find a single expressed violation of site guidelines.  Therefore despite the off topic nature of the discussion wandering far off the CAF event, I must first congratulate our members for maintaining decorum and respect for other members.

That being said, obviously some moderation is called for.  mix4fix, you've made your position known, please don't post anything further in this thread.  That's not Mid Atlantic or the site, just this thread.  For everyone else, back to audio, no vaccine or covid mitigation discussion unless you're updating CAF's stated policy.  At this point I'm not going to lock the thread or send it to the bin, we'll rely on you being adults, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and any violations will be dealt with using the strictest moderation measures recommend in the guidelines.  Thank you for your cooperation.

rbbert

« Reply #87 on: 11 Oct 2021, 01:36 pm »
In a Covid discussion, you said that hospitals are slammed full of patients, but said not everybody has Covid. Then a broken bone has no bearing on this discussion.

This is not a COVID discussion, it is a discussion about the 2021 Capitol Audiofest.  Your post above is internally contradictory and unresponsive as well as being very far afield from discussion about the CAF admission requirements.

Tyson

« Reply #88 on: 11 Oct 2021, 03:05 pm »
READ THIS
Jeepers, I take one day to attend my grandson's birthday party and everyone goes nuts.  I just read over every word in this thread and despite strongly held opinions and some verbal jousting, there wasn't a single personal attack.  No one called anyone an idiot, questioned their moral compass, and although someone mentioned god given rights, that's hardly discussing religion and politics has been avoided entirely.  I went into this mornings reading with the thought that I'd be listing the reasons why the thread needs to be sent to the IGW, but I couldn't find a single expressed violation of site guidelines.  Therefore despite the off topic nature of the discussion wandering far off the CAF event, I must first congratulate our members for maintaining decorum and respect for other members.

That being said, obviously some moderation is called for.  mix4fix, you've made your position known, please don't post anything further in this thread.  That's not Mid Atlantic or the site, just this thread.  For everyone else, back to audio, no vaccine or covid mitigation discussion unless you're updating CAF's stated policy.  At this point I'm not going to lock the thread or send it to the bin, we'll rely on you being adults, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and any violations will be dealt with using the strictest moderation measures recommend in the guidelines.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Agreed.  The civility shown in this thread was great.  It gives me hope that maybe we can be more civil to each other in real life, too.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #89 on: 11 Oct 2021, 03:34 pm »
This is not a COVID discussion, it is a discussion about the 2021 Capitol Audiofest.  Your post above is internally contradictory and unresponsive as well as being very far afield from discussion about the CAF admission requirements.
Dear sir, did you not bother to read the moderation post directly above yours?  Or did you simply decide to ignore it because your special little thought was so important to share?

rbbert

« Reply #90 on: 11 Oct 2021, 03:39 pm »
I thought it was on topic, sorry   :o .  Feel free to delete it.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #91 on: 11 Oct 2021, 04:12 pm »
I thought it was on topic, sorry   :o .  Feel free to delete it.

No, you didn't do anything terrible, and you're not wrong about what you posted, but from experience if the moderator wishes to keep the thread alive without deleting posts, which is a real pain in this system, a firm hand is needed.  You get the honor of being the first member to get his hand slapped as a warning to others, you should be proud of your sacrifice.

To be clear, if you have important information about the Covid-19 restrictions at the Rock Springs Hilton hosting this year's CAF, please feel free to post it.  For general Covid-19 discussions there are other sites available for that, this is an audio site.

Looking forward to pics and reports from the show.

jtsnead

« Reply #92 on: 11 Oct 2021, 07:50 pm »
Hey I am going to the show it should be fun especially after this thread

rbbert

« Reply #93 on: 11 Oct 2021, 08:33 pm »
Hey I am going to the show it should be fun especially after this thread
Almost anything would be (more fun, that is)  :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #94 on: 11 Oct 2021, 09:33 pm »
I'm sure the show will be fine and I hope everyone has a good time and I'm sure that most will live with the need to wear their masks (it's that way with many events due to the present circumstances which are what they are).  I'm sure this guy will not complain about wearing his mask and will be looking forward to all the new audio equipment.  We all look forward to the sharing of photos and reports about what was exhibited.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #95 on: 11 Oct 2021, 11:36 pm »
That guy wears his mask like the staff at my local Home Depot.

Just as well I'm not attending as I'm easily led into temptation.

GeneS

« Reply #96 on: 12 Oct 2021, 01:23 am »
My wife and I are going, and I can’t wait! I think I’ve only missed the very first one. I got reservations many months ago, as soon as I saw that Odyssey Audio was going to be there. Since then, I have only gotten more and more excited as the list of brands being there continues to grow.
The web site is being updated, as the list of vendors keeps being added to. The latest one I saw was Mytek, which I was thrilled about.
This is an excellent show in a very good venue. Small enough to enjoy and see most of the manufacturers, yet large enough to host many brands you might not otherwise get a chance to see.
Gary Gill and his staff do an amazing job every year. If he says it’s ok, I’m in.

Phil_S

« Reply #97 on: 24 Oct 2021, 07:17 pm »
2 weeks to go...My wife & I be there ate least on Friday, not sure about Sat & Sun.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #98 on: 26 Oct 2021, 10:39 am »
... I got reservations many months ago, as soon as I saw that Odyssey Audio was going to be there. Since then, I have only gotten more and more excited....

Klaus just posted Odyssey was cancelling this year because of undisclosed non covid medical reasons.  Sorry, he always has a great room.

mav52

« Reply #99 on: 26 Oct 2021, 11:20 am »
I had my (Pfizer) booster last Wednesday (got my shots early as I had triple bypass surgery less than a year ago and did not care to get another tour of a hospital).  Other than a sore arm (still mildly sore), I didn't get any reaction.  I didn't have much of reaction to the first two (sore arm mainly and slightly more sore than the flu vaccine I had a few weeks before the recent COVID one) and I might have had some fatigue but I really couldn't tell as after the surgery I had to forego sleeping in a bed for over 2 months (so I was tired anyway between that and the pain).  Probably not going to go to any audio shows unless COVID gets more under control and more people are vaccinated.  There's only about 57% of the US fully vaccinated at this point.  Maryland is almost 65%, Virginia 61% and DC 62%.  So the DC area is at least ahead of the national trend. Experts have indicated (depending on which one you follow) that anywhere from 70-90% of the population would need to be vaccinated for herd immunity.  I'm not sure any of that will happen anytime in the next year.
Phil got my booster Sept 9.