PI Audio Group at CAF 2012

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
PI Audio Group at CAF 2012
« on: 20 Jul 2012, 12:02 am »
Dave was in spirit with us at last weekend's Capital Audiofest. We were in Suite 347 and fully utilized two of Dave's UberBUSS's (my personal super duper Furutech'd out Uber and rollo's Uber). We had a total of eight components hooked into Dave's fantastic units.

The power quality at the hotel was poor probably due the high outside humid temps (95 F), funky electrical loads during the show and the recent (week before) widespread power outages in the DC area due to severe storms.

The grid was unstable for sure but the Uber's held their own, helping us achieve a silent background between notes, explosive dynamics & pure musicality!!!

Thanks Dave! When are we teaming up to do a show together?

Cheers,
Pete

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: PI Audio Group at CAF 2012
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm »
Dave was in spirit with us at last weekend's Capital Audiofest. We were in Suite 347 and fully utilized two of Dave's UberBUSS's (my personal super duper Furutech'd out Uber and rollo's Uber). We had a total of eight components hooked into Dave's fantastic units.

The power quality at the hotel was poor probably due the high outside humid temps (95 F), funky electrical loads during the show and the recent (week before) widespread power outages in the DC area due to severe storms.

The grid was unstable for sure but the Uber's held their own, helping us achieve a silent background between notes, explosive dynamics & pure musicality!!!

Thanks Dave! When are we teaming up to do a show together?

Cheers,
Pete
Pete, I heard nothing but good things about the Triode Wire LAbs/Swap Meet Audio room.  Nothing would have pleased me more than being there is more than spirit.  The fellowship that comes from good people at shows is one of the reasons that I'm in this wacky business.

I look forward to the time when we can share a room.  Hopefully soon.  Are you coming to RMAF?  Hope so............. :thumb:

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm »
Are you coming to RMAF? 
Does this mean that you will be there?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2012, 02:10 am »
Does this mean that you will be there?
Well, I plan on it for sure.  Things are getting much better and I am certainly ready for some fun.  You going?

Dave

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2012, 02:12 am »
Well, I plan on it for sure.  Things are getting much better and I am certainly ready for some fun.  You going?

Dave
Cool.  Yes sir.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2012, 03:09 am »
Nothing would have pleased me more than being there is more than spirit.  The fellowship that comes from good people at shows is one of the reasons that I'm in this wacky business.

I look forward to the time when we can share a room.  Hopefully soon.  Are you coming to RMAF?  Hope so............. :thumb:

Dave

Dave,
If that's an invite to RMAF, I'm in, my friend, as long as the Lord is willing... I got an OK from the boss, my wife Erin just now...  :thumb:

I'll call you this week for details...

Thanks,
Pete  :D

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2012, 02:36 pm »
Dave,
If that's an invite to RMAF, I'm in, my friend, as long as the Lord is willing... I got an OK from the boss, my wife Erin just now...  :thumb:

I'll call you this week for details...

Thanks,
Pete  :D
Awesome!!!  I'm looking forward to it.

We married up, huh?

<><

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: PI Audio Group at CAF 2012 and RMAF 2012
« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2012, 06:30 pm »
I'm really happy to announce that Triode Wire will be in the GR Research room 2024 at RMAF with us this year.  We try every year to make the best sound possible for reasonable $$$ every year and have had great success in the last few years.  I have NO DOUBT that we will bring another year of awesome sound to the masses in October.   :thumb:

Pete, we are more than pleased that you will be in the room with us.  Be prepared for a LOT of fun, great people, good food (after hours) andan experience to remember.

I can hardly wait.  This year will be another step forward in the odyssey............

Dave

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Re: PI Audio Group at CAF 2012 and RMAF 2012
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2012, 03:22 pm »
I'm really happy to announce that Triode Wire will be in the GR Research room 2024 at RMAF with us this year.  We try every year to make the best sound possible for reasonable $$$ every year and have had great success in the last few years.  I have NO DOUBT that we will bring another year of awesome sound to the masses in October.   :thumb:

Pete, we are more than pleased that you will be in the room with us.  Be prepared for a LOT of fun, great people, good food (after hours) andan experience to remember.

I can hardly wait.  This year will be another step forward in the odyssey............

Dave

Dave,
Thanks so much! I can hardly wait as well!

I'd really like to thank you & Danny Richie for your kindness in allowing me to be part of your audio endeavors. I value your friendship & camaraderie in this fun, but crazy audio world...

Cheers,
Pete

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2012, 04:08 pm »
Super.  I've read many good things about Pete's power cords.  I'm looking forward to hearing what they do. 

Scott

Berto

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2012, 06:38 pm »
Pete's TWLs into Dave's Uberbuss is a WINNING combo! Two SOTA products at prices one can actually afford.

I replaced two much more expensive power cables which afforded me two TWLs and one uberbuss. The TWLs smoothed out my rig with no loss of resolution or dynamics. The uberbuss replaced a 5k bybee unit and bettered it in just about every way IMO. No the extra $ is not goin back into savings, i'm spending it on better gear :icon_twisted:

Lissnr

« Reply #11 on: 6 Sep 2012, 03:31 am »
I am a big supporter of both Pi Audio (I used to have a Rev B and have since moved on to 2 Ubers, and couldn't be happier) and I'm a major supporter of TWL cables which I have been
adding and utilizing in my system ever since Pete has been making them. There have been many discussions about power conditioners and power cables and I'm very pleased to see how
well both of these companies have done . Because so much of their success is simply based on "Getting the word out", I enjoy these discussions and would like to share another one I have
recently had comparing a TWL to another highly regarded cable.
Sorry for the delay folks, I've had my system in slight dis-array and didn't have the time to swap out the power cords as I had mentioned, but finally got to it today.
The best way to differentiate these 2 cables (CRL copper and TWL "7G") is the way most of us generalize the classic differences between solid state and tube amplifiers.
Please note my statements are based on "traditional" descriptions and do not mean to sound old-fashioned...I know advances have been made in both areas of amplifier development such that modern versions of both ss and tube are becoming more and more alike as they both seek the most musical/natural results their technologies can muster...that is: tube amps are becoming "faster", more extended, perhaps somewhat more "precise and articulate"...
while ss seeks to add more "lifelike tangibility, expansive 'density' to the sound-stage as well as 'natural/believable character'...(I know I'm opening myself up for using all these terms, because we all know there are as many exceptions to these sweeping stereotypes as there are manufacturers, but I'm making some points here...).
Enter the 2 cables. I have described the TWL on other posts and am personally convinced they are absolutely one of the best contributors I have ever found in my quest toward a natural, lifelike reproduction of the musical event in my listening room.
Period.
This latest cable swap only adds further to my assertions.
But first, the CRL. I like this cable too. And it absolutely has its place in a musical system. In fact, there are no shoes that fit all and where the TWL's don't quite integrate in your particular system, the CRL's will very possibly be an excellent match.
I'll simplify with the same generalities as before: the CRL cable will endow your system with the best attributes a ss amp will do. It is remarkably fast, extended, dynamic and articulate. It will effortlessly extend to both ends of the
frequency extremes and do so without fanfare save for the especially noteworthy grip and control it conveys in the bass. There is 3d space and dimensionality in "absolute" terms...and localization of instruments and performers is very good. If you already own tube equipment...especially a tube-based amp that already possess the generalized tube qualities outlined earlier, this cable may very well add that feeling of 'control and firm-handedness' that ss does so well...
I am fortunate that for the time being I have a few amps I am juggling at once...each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Putting this cable on either my Cary SA-280 V12R or my Dude [while using the Cary] results in just what the doctor ordered with this especially warm, rich but ever so involving [and 'pleasing'] sounding amp. It (the CRL) helps the Cary 'mind its manners'. It won't become TOO warm, rich, etc because that's already there and any more is too much. The bass has a nice firm grip, the top extension 'doesn't seem'to roll off and manages to stay clean and 'crisp enough', and the glorious mids remain glorious mids without getting overdone.It's an ideal match and in my experience a true synergy.
Do you have older style/classic sounding tube amps you'd like to tighten up a bit? try the CRL cables...you'll probably be surprised how much better control and definition your amp has in 'her'...not to mention the apparent increase in speed, definition and extension...
What about the Dude? keep reading.
Now those "other" cables...
The TWL cables mimic the best attributes of your favorite tube amp. And I mean a well-balance modern tube amp...not some traditional slow, syrup sounding rolled off...(though hopefully WITH seductive mid-range).
The TWL's are simply NATURAL. They present an organic, real, personal sense of "there"... The space between instruments has a tangible 'real-ness' to it that's a little hard to describe. I would almost liken it to an aroma in the air that adds believability to space and distances...sort of like catching a whiff of dinner from the other room and then walking towards the kitchen...you get a sense of "density in the empty air" in between the performers and the music coming from them (huh?? yes). These cables do much, and I do mean MUCH of what the CRL's can do but they do it with the most unassuming, un-"attention grabbing" way that you automatically stop analyzing facets of your system and just simply get lost in the beauty of the music.
Everything simply becomes part of an organic whole that is the performer(s) playing for you. You will "get lost", "be immersed", "lose track of time", you name it, it's what you have your system for (OK, it's what I have MY system for...).
Put it on your favorite ss amp and you'll never have to suppress the curiosity of whether those glass bottles could possibly be worth "changing over to" in your room. You will now have all of what you've known PLUS an absolute feeling of being more inside the musician's space. Being there with the performance.
On a modern tube amp you will also find it a true breath of fresh air.
But what about the Dude?
It works the same way. I've been running some hand picked early 1960's vintage NOS RCA 6sN7's in my Dude from Andy's VTS and they sound great. They sound really good with the CRL cable too but I had just the slightest itch about maybe swapping in another pair of another 6sn7???? a little warmer perhaps??? (I have a pair of them per channel, as discussed elsewhere and thought of swapping one per side) but with the TWL I am all done as is. perfect.
As for the Chinese tubes, maybe the power cable should come first before you start swapping tubes? Just a thought.
I can go on but I think I've made my point. The TWL's are 'all that' to me.