Power Conditioners--discussion of the ins and outs!

DVV

Re: Power Conditioners
« Reply #80 on: 17 Jul 2003, 03:42 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
Blasphemer! :bawl: But how can you possibly know how something sounds by looking at a graph!? :cry: Use your magical ears alone! That's all you need, (that and more money than brains.)  Just BUY IT Dejan, read the marketspeak, they wouldn't lie about that stuff!  Don't think, BUY!  Who needs those silly FACTS when you can simply buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff and just listen to it?  What you believe is all that matters, not what IS.  Just look at the swinging watch and concentrate on the sound of m ...

Acting on brother Nate's revelation, I rushed out to my nearest OMV (Austrian company) gas station and bought a bagful of Kalfany gum jelly beans.

Sheesh Nate, you de man! You right, bro! Them's really cool gum jelly beans. As you said, I never thought about it, I didn't care what is (in calories), I just whacked the whole lot, like a pound's worth. I saved them the trpouble of marketspeak, I just bought.

Wisdom has its own strange ways. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
DVV

JohnR

« Reply #81 on: 17 Jul 2003, 03:52 pm »
I don't get it  :?

DVV

« Reply #82 on: 17 Jul 2003, 09:34 pm »
Quote from: JohnR
I don't get it  :?

Never mind us, John, it's just Nate and me spinning in a wild orbit.

Nate said it wasn't about what things really do or don't do, it's how they are percieved; the effect generally known among economists as percieved value, when marketing takes the front seat, with the objective of preventing any rational thinking in lieu of buy, buy, buy philosophy.

I hate that approach, but gave in to my Dark Side today by buying a pound of gum jelly beans, which I use instead of heroin or some such. I took nate's advice, I bought, bought, bought, without thinking. :lol:

Who am I kidding? It was a premeditated self-ambush. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
DVV

nathanm

« Reply #83 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:30 pm »
Why is it that everytime people try to discuss power conditioning it turns into a discussion about Jelly Beans?  :roll:

Do they have the brand Jelly Bellys in Yugoslavia Dejan?  Those are kinda like the "high end" jelly beans here.  Smaller, more expensive but many more flavors such as "Raisin Bacon", "Choco-Pork" and "Furry Cheese".  Delicious!  Plus you can combine different ones to achieve system synergy.

DVV

« Reply #84 on: 18 Jul 2003, 03:44 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
Why is it that everytime people try to discuss power conditioning it turns into a discussion about Jelly Beans?  :roll:

Duhhh ....

Do they have the brand Jelly Bellys in Yugoslavia Dejan?  Those are kinda like the "high end" jelly beans here.  Smaller, more expensive but many more flavors such as "Raisin Bacon", "Choco-Pork" and "Furry Cheese".  Delicious!  Plus you can combine different ones to achieve system synergy.

No, we mostly have European brands here, very little US products. Unless you count the US multinationals, like GM (I own a GM car), Ford and some Whirlpool, Kirby (super-duper vacuum cleaners), Rainbow, and other domestic stuff. We have Chuck Norris explain the benefits of home exercising on the air every morning for two years running.

About the most prominent US exports here are Hollywood movies and music on CDs. Some audio gear, but not much, what with the price which is unthinkable locally.

But, BUT!!! ... thank God, we never ever lack Tabasco and Jim Beam. :lol:

The power line filters we make ourselves. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
DVV