Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 info...

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 info...
« on: 5 Jan 2011, 02:59 am »
I'm researching information on this upcoming R.M.A.F.

For those who went last year, how was it???

Expenses???
Event???
Etc???

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Pez

Re: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 info...
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2011, 05:34 am »
I'lll give you a direct answer, though YMMV. I think of RMAF as the single most fun event of the year. 2010 RMAF will go down in history are the greatest show ever. Meeting all the great people that normally you just banter with online makes this show even greater. I look forward to it every year and every year is better than the last.  :thumb:

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2011, 02:25 am »
Pez is right.  If you only make it to one audio event this year, RMAF is the one to go to.  It has the most manufacturers, the most friendly faces, and a nice laid-back atmosphere.  Not to mention the Denver Tech Center area is fairly easy to navigate if you drive.  As far as expenses go, you can save a few bucks by staying at one of the many hotels in a ~2 mile radius, but the convenience of staying at either the Marriot itself or the Hilton Garden Inn across the street is hard to put a value on.  Just make sure you book early enough to get the show discounts at one of those hotels or before the others fill up. (or the prices jump up)  Other than that it's just food.  You can spend as little or as much as you want on that.

My only other advice is to go with a list of manufacturers and a game plan.  You can NOT just see every room or you'll never hear anything you like for more than 2 minutes.  If you don't know what you want to see already, I'd breeze (and I mean breeze) through with a notepad in hand on day one, then go back to really listen to the rooms that were interesting over the next two.

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2011, 02:59 am »
I'll second the recommendation to have a game plan. There are so many setups and people moving through you won't have a chance to check out everything unless you can form an initial impression of a system within a minute or two.

You should also bring some of your own music unless you happen to like the "standard fare" played by the majority of exhibitors. Not everyone will let you play your own stuff, but it's hard to evaluate gear if you aren't familiar with the music being played.

taoggniklat

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2011, 06:22 pm »
I plan to go again next year and I would like to spend more time there and meet up with people I have met on the forums. This past show my wife and 1 year old were with me so I didn't have alot of "play" time even tho I enjoyed having them with me.

It is a fun show.