CES Exclusive! Naim's new $6k Alarm Clock!

Hantra

« on: 7 Jan 2006, 06:20 pm »
Props to Enjoythemusic.com's pre-show coverage on this.  

It seems that every audiophile's dream has finally come true!  You know you've been asking for it.  You know you wanted it.  Now, it's here!  

Naim has introduced a $6,000+ Alarm Clock!  

I'm so sick and tired of that low quality sound that comes from my POS $20 alarm clock.  It makes me feel like vomiting every time I wake up.  So I'm lining up for this one.  

Ohh, and by the way, it plays DVD's and has a Faroudja chipset.  :wink:

Naim will be debuting their n-Vi high-end integrated multi-channel DVD player ($5,650). With the ability for easy upgrades, the unit handles CD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, is an AV processor, audio preamplifier, and five-channel power amplifier. Optionally available at the time of release is an FM/DAB/Alarm Clock radio module ($500). In the spring of 2006 Naim plans to offer a video scaler module that includes an external video input. Surround sound modes include Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II. Other features include:

• Faroudja progressive-scan chipset
• Latest generation Cirrus Logic DVD DSP
• Simultaneous progressive-scan on the BNC high-definition output and interlaced video on SCART or s-video outputs (RGB/YUV, s-video or composite).
• DVI digital video output
• Audio 'data straightener' using a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) for low jitter
• Burr-Brown six-channel delta-sigma DACs (up to 192kHz/24bit resolution)
• Three external analogue (one DIN-5, two stereo RCA phono inputs) and three external digital audio (one optical, two coaxial) inputs for playback of external sources (digital TV, iPod, tape, etc.)
• Cascaded coaxial digital output
• DIN-5 output for connection to unity-gain AV input on Naim two-channel preamplifier.
• High performance Tripath Class-T® five-channel amplifier (50 Watt @ 8 Ohms and 90 Watt @ 4 Ohms)
• Full OSD control with built-in test screens for optimum display calibration
• 128x64 easy to read PLED graphical display with intelligent font scaling
• Software upgradeable
• Bi-directional RS-232 communications port
• New Naim NA-Bus
• Five-year limited warranty (parts and labor)

suits_me

« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2006, 03:05 am »
I'm really offended by your topic line. Just as I'm ready to ship out my Nigerian money order for the $6k alarm clock I read that the alarm clock is actually a $500 option.

Dealbreaker! You hear me, Naim?