Anyone going to CES?

PhilNYC

Anyone going to CES?
« on: 15 Dec 2005, 10:30 pm »
It's only a few weeks away...anyone here going?

Nick B

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2005, 11:25 pm »
Yes. I'm currently compiling a list of companies that'll be attending. Glad I found AC. Lot's of great advice, products and prices.

Folsom

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2005, 06:48 am »
:bawl: No.

KJ

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2005, 02:40 pm »
I'll be going.  Hope to meet some AC folks.  You can find us in the NuForce booth in Room 2160, 2252.  Viva Lost Wages...

-KJ

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2005, 03:20 pm »
ACI will be in Room 1805 Alexis Park with our Sapphire XLs and . . .

Hope to see many of you there!

Kevin Haskins

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2005, 04:32 pm »
We will be in Alexis Park room 2405.  

Things we will have on display:

Multi-channel Room:

**Silhouette System: Active wall mount system with Extremis drivers and a planar tweeter. Small.... slim and full bandwidth baby. Active power via Hypex UCD amplifiers and custom equalization circuit for in room response to 25Hz in each speaker. All models a full 5" thick with stand & wall mount options. We will have a full projector system playing with a 92" diag. screen. Subwooferage by a single Tumult. We will be playing a lot of SACDs due to their great low frequency surround output.

We are so busy getting ready for CES I don't have any quality pictures. Here is a rendering we did during development of the monitor. This baby is only 5" deep, 14" tall and 8" wide on the front face. The rear is smaller because they taper back to form a trapezoid.

Click HERE to see how we get that much bandwidth from such a small loudspeaker.

Two-Channel Room:

**Well Tempered Lab Amadeus Turntable.   The golf ball returns in a much more polished form.   I'll be using a Bottlehead Seduction phono stage.

** Hypex UCD Amplifiers on display.   Both active and passive displays.  We will be using our least expensive UCD-180 amplifier kit ($499) to power our loudspeakers.   The new UCD-700 modules will be on display and information for interested OEMs.   We have some prototype chassis design features that will also be on display.   Production units to follow shortly.

** Exodus Audio 2641 full range speakers

**ModWright Instruments Line Stage SWL 9.0 SE

** ModWright Instruments SACD player (not sure which one yet)

** Cardas is taking care of all of our cable needs.

Brian Walsh

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2005, 06:15 pm »
I'll be there.

Sound Lab will be demonstrating a new model, the M-1PX, in Alexis Park 1302.

Basically a shorter version of the Majestic (home version of the Pro-Stat discussed here a few months ago), it is similar to the M-1 with some exceptions. The 45 degree horizontal radiation pattern will give the PX version a 6 dB efficiency improvement over the standard version, assuming an anechoic environment. Depending on the listening room parameters the increase in apparent sensitivity is on the order of 3 to 6 dB. In some setups the PX version (like the Majestic) will not give you the wide-as-the-room sweet spot of the 90-degree pattern M-1/A-1/U-1 models; it's a matter of room geometry. The reduced reverberant field strength means that the M-1PX will give more of a front-of-the-hall presentation, whereas the wider pattern versions give more of a middle-of-the-hall presentation. The M-1PX has just over 10% more radiating area than the M-1. The extra radiating area doesn't add very much to the overall response - it provides about 1 dB more sensitivity and dynamic range in the lower frequencies. However, it lowers the  low frequency cutoff frequency by 10% compared to that of the M-1.

Pricing isn't yet firm but should be set by the time of the show.

Here are some edited photos of one of a pair of Majestics I sold, which represent what I understand the M-1PX will look like, except the black stabilizer plate sticking out the front is only on the Majestic. The brown fabric was custom; black doubleknit or off white linen is standard.

audioengr

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2005, 07:41 pm »
Empirical Audio will be in our usual Room #1203 at THE Show at The San Tropez.

This year we will be featuring our newest products, the Off-Ramp I2S and the Freeway I2S, driving modded Perpetual P-3A DAC's.  We believe these produce the best-sounding audio we have ever heard from any source.

We will also be (if the timing allows) handing out free a limited quantity of CD's that are remastered by our partner:
http://www.highdeftapetransfers.com

We have modded their A/D converter and provided a battery power supply for it.  The remasters from this unit should be remarkable.  The ones that I have from the unmodded unit are wonderful already.  The Ella tracks are even better than the ones I have from Verve records.

With any luck, we will be able to play some non-upsampled 24/96 files from the computer as well.  This is as close to the master tape as you can get.

See you there,
Steve N.

jimmyp58

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2005, 07:20 am »
I'll be there with the Next Level gang.

alotaklipsch

Anyone going to CES?
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2005, 01:19 am »
I be there too :beer: