Re: Virtue ONE.2/TWO.2 usability questions
« Reply #40 on: 29 Jun 2010, 01:15 pm »

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #41 on: 29 Jun 2010, 01:21 pm »
Thanks Trung....I think I'll just file that idea away...LOL :duh:
I think I would run into the bridging thing Seth talked about as far as adding a sub via the same main terminals...not a good idea I don't think.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #42 on: 29 Jun 2010, 04:07 pm »
So 3 ohms effectively.  Technically ok, but not adviseable because nominal load may be 4 + 8 but at certain frequencies it could be 3+5 which would be a worse challenge...

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 29 Jun 2010, 04:10 pm »
I'm not going for it..chalk one up to creative thinking!! I learned something by asking though..Thanks Seth!!

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #44 on: 1 Jul 2010, 01:22 pm »
I turned my TWO.2 into an amp using my DAC as a pre-amp...very, very clean, great definition just elevates the whole thing up a notch
again. Highly recommend trying it !!!!
  :thumb: :thumb:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #45 on: 8 Aug 2010, 01:40 pm »
Hey Seth or anybody else who knows...I was using my TWO.2 without a sub this weekend while trying out a new pair of speakers while and was wondering, if the sub pre out is not used then no freqs are separated in the amp correct?? I was getting excellent full bass without a sub and I'm considering ditching mine...does the TWO.2 know when a sub is plugged in, does that sub pre-out enable some type of high pass filter when in use??
 This little puppy easily drove my new/old JBL 4311B's in a much bigger room then I normally listen in. Room was 22' X 18'ish and I barely
opened it up..sound was fantastic!!

srb

« Reply #46 on: 8 Aug 2010, 03:15 pm »
...does the TWO.2 know when a sub is plugged in, does that sub pre-out enable some type of high pass filter when in use??

The main speaker outputs will be high pass filtered at 80Hz (or not) depending on the position of the internal Mains High Pass Jumper (next to the volume Pot Jumper).

http://www.wihifi.com/virtuemanual/Virtue%20ONE.2%20TWO.2%20User%20Manual.pdf

Page 10/11

Steve

PSB Guy

« Reply #47 on: 8 Aug 2010, 03:18 pm »
Hey Ed, the sub pre-outs run full range all the time. The speaker outputs are full range unless you move the high-pass filter jumper. Your Two.2 neither knows, nor cares if a sub is hooked up. Hope this helps, anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Cheers. (Cool, I posted just as Steve did...)

Cornelis

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 8 Aug 2010, 06:16 pm »
Thanks!! I should have clarified..I knew about the HP filter I was wondering if "It knew" there was a sub connected when running full range.
I just got back to my apartment and hooked everything back up and boy oh boy do I need to rethink the arrangement of my stuff..all the fantastic low end I had in my ex-wifes(my old) living room is gone and its all room related and positioning...time to get some reading done on acoustics, I can't say it was equipment because I took all mine down for the weekend, they travel well!! Thanks again!!

OzarkTom

« Reply #49 on: 8 Aug 2010, 07:11 pm »
Thanks!! I should have clarified..I knew about the HP filter I was wondering if "It knew" there was a sub connected when running full range.
I just got back to my apartment and hooked everything back up and boy oh boy do I need to rethink the arrangement of my stuff..all the fantastic low end I had in my ex-wifes(my old) living room is gone and its all room related and positioning...time to get some reading done on acoustics, I can't say it was equipment because I took all mine down for the weekend, they travel well!! Thanks again!!

It is so sad to say, the room itself can be the weakest link in any system.