How do you connect your crossovers?

NoahH

How do you connect your crossovers?
« on: 26 Sep 2021, 10:53 pm »
For some of the folks who I see playing with their crossover parts often, how are you connecting your crossover internally? I.e. are you removing solder every time you pull the crossover to change a part, or are you using something like tube connectors?

On a related note, have folks been using female compression connectors to wire to drivers on the NX-tremes or have folks really been soldering in those little spaces between braces?

Danny Richie

Re: How do you connect your crossovers?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2021, 01:19 pm »
Push on connectors are not recommended.

Toecutter

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2021, 12:15 am »
Legend is if you use push on connectors Danny will sneak in your house at night and leave sand cast resistors under your pillow.

NoahH

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2021, 01:54 am »
Hah! I reserved replying until my kit actually came, but looking at videos, I can't imagine soldering those drivers when they are mounted, and doing it before they are mounted seems hard with the wire lengths needed for many. But maybe I am worrying prematurely...

JCarney

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2021, 02:02 am »
Legend is if you use push on connectors Danny will sneak in your house at night and leave sand cast resistors under your pillow.

:rotflmao:

JCarney

Vince in TX

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2021, 01:38 pm »
This is how I soldered the drivers on my A/V-1RS speakers:

subsonic1050

« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2021, 03:39 pm »
Hah! I reserved replying until my kit actually came, but looking at videos, I can't imagine soldering those drivers when they are mounted, and doing it before they are mounted seems hard with the wire lengths needed for many. But maybe I am worrying prematurely...

I'm wondering the same thing regarding soldering the drivers in the NX-Treme. I'm assuming I'll figure it out once I get all the components and wiring diagram, but I do know that I won't be soldering them after they are installed in the cabinet - there is literally no room. You could maybe do the drivers in the open section, but not the bass drivers with full wings on both sides. My plan right now is very similar to what Vince did with his A/V-1RS speakers.

ScottMoonShot

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2021, 05:12 pm »

That is hilarious!

richidoo