Most Recent GIK Additions

ajzepp

Most Recent GIK Additions
« on: 26 Jun 2018, 03:12 am »
I really appreciate all the options GIK offers...I've been a customer for over ten years, but with Magnepans, you don't really need a lot of treatment. I'm also running ARC room correction, so things were sounding pretty good. But the rear/seating wall was right up against the couch, and I wanted to toss up something to help, while also being somewhat stylish since it's the main room of my house. I think I've accomplished what I was after with these. Center channel dialogue in particular is improved and more intelligible. Wasn't bad before, but now it's crystal clear. Love this company.

kazsud

Re: Most Recent GIK Additions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2018, 07:57 pm »
Damn, they look great!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2018, 11:21 pm »
Very nice, and stylish as well aj   :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2018, 10:24 am »
Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. I really can't say enough about GIK...I'm spoiled to have them local, but I'd still be just as loyal of a customer if I ordered through the mail. I really am pleased with every purchase I've made, dating back to 2007. Glenn has done an incredible job growing this thing.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2018, 11:18 am »
Local BBQ place (60ft square, concrete floors) ordered 23 GIK 242 panels after lending them my 6 GIK 244 panels.  Now they just opened another place (long, narrow room with high flat opening 'ceiling') and went ahead and installed more panels right off the start.

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2018, 10:13 am »
That's very cool...they deserve the business. I know there are other options out there for room treatments, but I don't know how anyone can beat the combination of value and performance.

Mike-48

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2018, 05:15 am »
Great to hear of a restaurant quieting down the experience. Noise is not an ally of relaxation, nor of good digestion (at least if you're much above 30).

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2018, 01:10 pm »
Those really look nice, I like the color combination.  Is that the black wood veneer over one of the standard cloth colors like coffee or burgundy?

Mike-48

« Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2018, 03:43 pm »
I forgot to say -- @ajzepp -- they look terrific!

ajzepp

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2018, 12:52 pm »
Those really look nice, I like the color combination.  Is that the black wood veneer over one of the standard cloth colors like coffee or burgundy?

Hey Clifford...yessir...the fabric is the upgraded guilds of maine burgundy.

ajzepp

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2018, 12:53 pm »
I forgot to say -- @ajzepp -- they look terrific!

Thanks Mike!

SCompRacer

« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2018, 05:23 pm »
Very nice! Remember when acoustic treatments were plain and boring? Not anymore!

ajzepp

« Reply #12 on: 6 Nov 2018, 09:21 am »
Very nice! Remember when acoustic treatments were plain and boring? Not anymore!

Indeed! My first outing with GIK was about 20 of their regular black fabric panels back in 2007. The difference was shocking, and it sold me on treatments, but to your point, the aesthetics and applications have really come a long way.