Introduction: Accurate Sound Reproduction Services

Mitchco

• Industry Participant
Introduction: Accurate Sound Reproduction Services
« on: 24 Jul 2020, 07:52 am »
Hello,

My name is Mitch and I have been involved in audio for over 40 years. Wow, time flies. I was trained as an electronics technologist and designed and built amplifiers, preamps, speakers for friends and bands which got me into live sound reinforcement on the road with bands mixing live sound. For ten years, I worked in several recording studios as a recording and mixing engineer. In addition to calibrating and maintaining the studio equipment, I have been involved in several studio and control room builds, including ground up builds of two Chips Davis LEDE control rooms. One of them equipped with the Who's old Neve console with flying faders. I also ran a company that designed and manufactured passive acoustical products such as bass traps, diffuser panels and wide band absorbers. I used a TEF computer to measure the before and after effects of room treatment.

In the early 90's when the studio scene dried up, I went back to school for Software Engineering and have been designing and building software as a day job ever since. I kept my hand in audio and renewed my interest in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) software for Digital Room Correction (DRC) in 2010. I wrote several articles on the topic of Audiolense, Acourate and Dirac for another online publication, including writing a book on "Accurate Sound Reproduction using DSP" published on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Accurate-Sound-Reproduction-Using-DSP-ebook/dp/B01FURPS40

I have been using DSP DRC for the last 10 years and have applied it to so many systems that I decided to offer it as a professional service late last year. I have worked with dozens of folks and their systems from all over the world, designing custom FIR filters to match their loudspeakers to their rooms - custom designed transfer function.

I love meeting people and understanding their systems and rooms. I enjoy being able to fully optimize one's system to their room. There is such a thing as accurate sound and if you are interested, please visit my site: https://accuratesound.ca/

Happy Listening!

Kind regards,
Mitch

kanchi647

Re: Introduction: Accurate Sound Reproduction Services
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2020, 02:00 am »
Awesome, I wish you were near me.
Good luck

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2020, 02:22 pm »
Welcome very much!

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2020, 10:36 pm »
Welcome!

dB Cooper

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2020, 11:24 pm »
Welcome. Sounds like you will be a great resource here. Many 'philes pay way too much attention to 'tweaks' and not nearly enough to the room/speaker interface. Good luck with your business.

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 3 Dec 2020, 02:36 am »
Well well! Look who's here!  :thumb:

Welcome to AudioCircle, Mitchco!

I enjoyed reading your book, and I look forward to following you here.
Rich

Mitchco

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 3 Dec 2020, 08:36 am »
Hey thanks! Nice to meet you virtually!

Just to clarify, the DSP tuning service I offer is a remote service. For those wondering how it is possible to DSP one's system remotely, there is a definition of what is accurate sound: accurate sound is the closeness to which our systems reproduce the incoming signal. Plus you are my ears :-) I wrote an article on it. I hope it is OK to link to it:

What is Accurate Sound?

Hi Rich! Thanks for reading my book. I hope your are well and enjoying the music! I hope everyone is enjoying the music!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #7 on: 3 Dec 2020, 10:55 am »
Welcome Mitch!

I've got your book, exceptional work of course!

Best,
Anand.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: 3 Dec 2020, 01:57 pm »
I wrote an article on it. I hope it is OK to link to it:

What is Accurate Sound?

Yes, it is OK to promote your business within your 'Industry Introductions' thread.
Details here.

Mitchco

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 4 Dec 2020, 08:02 am »
Hi Anand, thanks! I hope you are well!

Hi adminRH, that was informative, thank you.

Focus Fidelity

• https://www.focusfidelity.com
    • Focus Fidelity - Digital Room Correction
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2021, 09:06 pm »
Worth drawing attention to Mitch's excellent new HL Convolver application here https://accuratesound.ca/products.html
It's a useful tool for anyone serious about using room correction filters.