Veracity HT-Graphene-TL - SOLD

jsalk

Veracity HT-Graphene-TL - SOLD
« on: 2 Sep 2022, 07:59 pm »
What, you've never heard of this design?  Well, this is a pair of custom speakers we will likely add to our web site as soon as we have a name for them.  I'll tell you the story, but first a few images...

And a close-up...

With that out of the way, here is the story...

In April of 2021, a customer contacted us about a potential custom pair of speakers based on the Veracity HT2-TL's.  He liked the design, but wanted to use the Seas 7.5" W19's with the Graphine cones instead of the normal 7" W18's.  I told him that this would be a new speaker and that using the cabinet design for the HT2-TL's would likely not work with the Graphene drivers.  He still wanted to proceed.

So we modeled this new design and it turned out that very few cabinet modifications were required...just a change in tuning.  And since the W19 speaker frame is the same size as the W18's, new templates would not be required. 

Our modeling indicated this new version would have an F3 of 25Hz!  The only problem was that, due to covid-related supply issues, the W19 Graphine drivers were not available at the time.

So we proceeded to build the cabinets so they would be ready when the W19's became available.  Over the months, we exchanged emails and calls and he requested a number of upgrades including Mundorf Supreme caps and bi-wire/bi-amp silver Cardas binding posts.  He also wanted a custom veneer. 

Finally, about two weeks ago, the drivers finally arrived.  He was excited to hear we were headed to the finish line.

Since this was basically a new model, there was some work needed to refine the crossovers and get the speakers assembled and tested.  In the meantime, we sent our customer the above pictures and he thought they looked great.

Then on Monday, I got an email from him that said he would be soon moving and would have no space for them in his new abode.  He asked me to sell them on his behalf.  I was sad hearing this after all we had gone through, but sometimes life throws you curves you can't anticipate.

So this pair is available for immediate delivery.

Here is a cost breakdown...

Base price of the HT2-TLs these were based on is $5195. The driver upgrade cost was $899.  The silver Cardas bi-wire upgrade ran $136.
The Mundorf cap upgrade came to $905 and included both the tweeter and woofer caps.  Bubinga veneer was a $200 upgrade.

So the total to build the same speaker today would be $7335.

If you are looking for a totally tricked out pair of TL speakers that play down to 25Hz, this might be the pair you've been looking for.  And, at least for the time being, you'll have the only pair in the world!

- Jim

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2022, 04:47 pm by jsalk »

msiron

Re: Veracity HT-Graphene-TL
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2022, 03:36 pm »
What is the asking price? $7335?

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2022, 04:29 pm »
What is the asking price? $7335?

I guess I forgot to to mention that.  It is $7200.

- Jim

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2022, 05:06 pm »
I think a few words about how they sound compared to some of your other models would be helpful.

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 6 Sep 2022, 03:15 pm »
I think a few words about how they sound compared to some of your other models would be helpful.

First off, since this pair utilizes the same custom RAAL 70-20 tweeters we have always used in the HT2-TL design, the top end sounds exactly the same.  The midrange is probably a bit smoother but also very close to the original HT2-TL.

They image every bit as well as the original design (which is very good).

But what really separates this design from the original is the bottom end.  Even though the cabinets are the same size, you get the sense that this is a much larger speaker.  It moves more air down low for a "bigger sound."  Whereas the F3 of the HT2-TLs is 34Hz, these play down to 25Hz +/-3db.  No subwoofer required with this design!

I hope this helps...

- Jim

DEP14

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2022, 08:33 pm »
Great finish and veneer!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2022, 03:35 pm »
Jim,

I have two questions:

Are these rear-ported or through the bottom of the speakers?

If one were comparing these speakers to the Song3 BeATs speakers, what differences might one discern?

Regards,

Michael

These are beautiful speakers!

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2022, 06:38 pm »
Jim,

I have two questions:

Are these rear-ported or through the bottom of the speakers?

If one were comparing these speakers to the Song3 BeATs speakers, what differences might one discern?

Regards,

Michael

These are beautiful speakers!

These have rear slot ports.

As for the sound, they are just like the HT2-TL's but play quite a bit deeper.  So it is a very detailed speaker that plays much larger than you would assume they would based on their size.

Compared to the Song3 BeAT's the top end would be about the same, the midrnage a bit more detailed and the bass about the same.

I hope this helps.

- Jim

mresseguie

« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2022, 12:16 am »
Thank you.

I've often wondered how the HT2-TL sound. Their owners seem quite happy with them. As you know, I'm casting about for another pair of speakers for my home in Taiwan. Unfortunately, WAF restrictions on placement and room sonics make rear ported speakers less than ideal. I am aware your speakers can be made front-ported.

Michael

Scotman

Re: Veracity HT-Graphene-TL - SOLD
« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2022, 08:21 pm »
I got these speakers about a week ago and they are my end game speakers! After playing around with positioning them and breaking them in a little (not done there), they are magnificent! I have owned some very fine speakers in the past but none even come close to these! Thank you Jim for bringing a big smile to my face every time I turn the music on, what incredible sound.

Scotman

« Reply #10 on: 9 Dec 2022, 04:24 pm »
Thought I would update my last post about these. The accuracy of these speakers astounds me, after critical listening ove 40+ years these have taken my listening experience to a new level. They disappear into my small 13X16 living room like the music was just “brought in” via a concert, melding in like a music hall, just smaller but live! Thought I would update with a picture as well as the equipment they are running through:

Veracity’s (unamed)
Conrad Johnson CA 150
Marantz 30n
MoFi Ultradeck
All 3.3 Anti Cables

Incredible realism, incredible soundstage, pinpoint accuracy, lovely realism…as if the players were in my room!

mresseguie

« Reply #11 on: 9 Dec 2022, 11:55 pm »
Man, do those look great! Congratulations!  :drool: :bowdown:

rowdyrobot

« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2022, 03:27 am »
Beautiful speakers. And most importantly, the sound... Enjoy!

Scotman

« Reply #13 on: 12 Dec 2022, 01:47 pm »
Thank you, they are the best speakers I have heard, in my room, fit perfect and can’t thank Jim and team enough for giving me such enjoyment in my listening experience!

Scotman

« Reply #14 on: 21 Dec 2022, 02:10 pm »
I thought I would give a brief update. After 100+ hours of break I (continuous streaming, etc.) these speakers have opened up a lot! I can’t thank Jim enough, they are a true joy to listen to, what magic they are. I am sure they will be my last speakers!

Rocket

« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2022, 09:49 am »
Hi,

Congratulations. I've had 3 pairs of Jim's speakers including HT2's, HT3's and now Song 3's.  All are great speakers. I need front ported speakers as my room is so small the HT3's don't work for me.

Anyway, good luck and happy listening.

Cheers Rod