Thread Size for Attaching Footers? X-5's

consttraveler

• I think I won!
Thread Size for Attaching Footers? X-5's
« on: 17 Apr 2022, 03:11 pm »
I've been thinking about adding Gaia II Footers to my X-5's, based on comments I've seen here and Spatials' decision to ship the top-of-the-line models with them.

I've searched but can't find the proper thread size to mate-up the footers.

Anybody?

Dave

Bingenito

Re: Thread Size for Attaching Footers? X-5's
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2022, 07:21 pm »
I know that they are not 1/4-20 or M8 so going to guess M6 since that is 3 sizes that come with Gaia II and the tread pitch on my x4s seem to be the same as the Dayton Audio cones that are M6.

radarnyc

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2022, 09:30 pm »
And the bases are not threaded; it’s just a hole. You’ll need to buy 1/4” nuts to secure the Gaia’s threads. Works fine though. I bought black thumbscrews to match the bases

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2022, 11:42 am »
I use the M6 threaded screw for mine.  I wanted to upload a photo of the M6 knurled nut I use, but I can’t figure out how to keep the portrait photos from turning sideways?

doggie

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2022, 12:17 pm »
And the bases are not threaded; it’s just a hole. You’ll need to buy 1/4” nuts to secure the Gaia’s threads. Works fine though. I bought black thumbscrews to match the bases

+1. Search on Amazon for "25mm Large Knurled Edge 1/4"-20 Female Thumb Wheel Lock Nut Adapter" to use with the 1/4" Gaia bolts.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2022, 09:39 pm »
+1. Search on Amazon for "25mm Large Knurled Edge 1/4"-20 Female Thumb Wheel Lock Nut Adapter" to use with the 1/4" Gaia bolts.

Thanks for sharing that pic because I was trying to post mine and didn’t want to post it with that default portrait side view.  I worked it out as you can see.  Mine looks very similar except it’s an M6 thread and it has a little more height.  I think I would actually prefer the shorter thumb wheel height like the one you posted.

consttraveler

• I think I won!
« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2022, 03:39 pm »
Well, thanks for all the comments and photos!

I ordered the Gaia II footers this morning from Spatial, to make sure I got the correct mounting hardware.  Good news for me, Spatial beat Amazon's price too!

Now we will see if USPS can find Dubois, WY.

Dave