Love my Lumina 2's!

stlrman

Re: Spatial Owners - Post your Pics
« Reply #21 on: 1 Jul 2020, 02:30 am »
Incredible room Targa !!!

sockpit

« Reply #22 on: 1 Jul 2020, 03:43 am »

@JFT, what are the dimensions of your room?  Thx.

JTF

« Reply #23 on: 1 Jul 2020, 05:49 pm »
@JFT, what are the dimensions of your room?  Thx.

It's L shaped. The main area is 13 x 22. In the back on the left side is another 12 x 10.

sockpit

« Reply #24 on: 1 Jul 2020, 06:54 pm »
Thanks. Helpful.  How far from the speakers do you anticipate the sweet spot will be, given the AMT?  My room is 13 across, but only 11 ft deep, so I opted for the M5s.  I do find myself pining a bit for the X5s ;), but worry they'd be overkill in my room . . .

JTF

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jul 2020, 07:07 pm »
Thanks. Helpful.  How far from the speakers do you anticipate the sweet spot will be, given the AMT?  My room is 13 across, but only 11 ft deep, so I opted for the M5s.  I do find myself pining a bit for the X5s ;), but worry they'd be overkill in my room . . .

I just received them Monday, so I'm still playing around with the placement of everything. At the moment, they are 3.5ft from the wall and 6ft apart edge to edge. My sofa is 10ft away from the speakers, and they sound good at that distance in my room. With my setup I wouldn't want to sit closer. Most of my listening is spent while sitting at my desk in the back of the room, which is about 16ft away, and they sound good there as well.

targa02

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jul 2020, 07:36 pm »
Incredible room Targa !!!
Thanks Stlrman!

Attached is a close up pic of one of the speakers.  The actual color is more orange that what shows up with the lighting.  They are actually hard to photograph as they are so reflective.  Clayton and his team did an awesome job with the finish on these beauties. 

sockpit

« Reply #27 on: 1 Jul 2020, 09:06 pm »
I just received them Monday, so I'm still playing around with the placement of everything. At the moment, they are 3.5ft from the wall and 6ft apart edge to edge. My sofa is 10ft away from the speakers, and they sound good at that distance in my room. With my setup I wouldn't want to sit closer. Most of my listening is spent while sitting at my desk in the back of the room, which is about 16ft away, and they sound good there as well.

Thanks.  Is it your sense that the AMT directs or throws the high-mid and treble further out than a normal tweeter, such that that allows one to break the usual equilateral triangle rule of thumb?  Mine are 3.5 from the front wall, 2 from the sides, and about 7 feet apart.  Sweet spot is 7 feet or less with the M5s in my room.

JTF

« Reply #28 on: 2 Jul 2020, 12:22 am »
Thanks.  Is it your sense that the AMT directs or throws the high-mid and treble further out than a normal tweeter, such that that allows one to break the usual equilateral triangle rule of thumb?  Mine are 3.5 from the front wall, 2 from the sides, and about 7 feet apart.  Sweet spot is 7 feet or less with the M5s in my room.

I've never had trouble getting other tweeters to perform at the distances I listen at. There are a lot of variables like toe in, height, the room, volume knob position :). This AMT sounds effortless to me. On axis it sounds the same at 3ft as it does at 13ft. I don't think you'd have any trouble near field depending on your preferences, however I wouldn't enjoy having the AMTs pointed directly at my ears at 3ft unless I was listening at low volumes. (They perform really well at low volumes btw)

My preference so far with these is to sink down into my sofa so my ears are at the same level as the mid range driver, I have them pointing a few inches to the outside my shoulders @ 10ft distance from the speakers. This may change as they break in and I experiment with placement more.

sockpit

« Reply #29 on: 3 Jul 2020, 04:00 pm »
Thanks much for the helpful replies.  My room is small, but I can get 7 feet away from the speakers. I look forward to hearing how yours break in!

JTF

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jul 2020, 03:23 am »
Thanks much for the helpful replies.  My room is small, but I can get 7 feet away from the speakers. I look forward to hearing how yours break in!

Ron just dropped this speaker positioning video. May be worth trying just to see what the results are. I've never been one to calculate speaker position this precisely, but I may try this over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyTkwkK8ON0

sockpit

« Reply #31 on: 4 Jul 2020, 06:39 pm »
Yes, I saw this.  Am thinking of trying it, but my room is so small and there are some constraints (an entry door and bookshelves) that prevent me from perfect symmetry.  It's an enormously helpful video for beginners not yet cognizant of how crucial placement is.  I continue to play with the position of mine--to good effect.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #32 on: 10 Jul 2020, 03:25 pm »
Here is a picture of my setup:

George

btrain

« Reply #33 on: 10 Jul 2020, 04:03 pm »

Still breaking them in! So far So Fun! They Sound Amazing! Maybe 50 hours on them so far -- and plenty of future upgrades and tweaking on the horizon to dial everything in.

kidgleason

« Reply #34 on: 12 Jul 2020, 08:46 pm »

Grahamps

« Reply #35 on: 13 Jul 2020, 01:38 pm »

Still breaking them in! So far So Fun! They Sound Amazing!

btrain, which finish is this speaker? I'm leaning towards Sapele for the M3 Sapphire. Thanks!

btrain

« Reply #36 on: 13 Jul 2020, 11:10 pm »
btrain, which finish is this speaker? I'm leaning towards Sapele for the M3 Sapphire. Thanks!

That is the walnut finish - They look great! The photo doesn't really do them justice.

sockpit

« Reply #37 on: 14 Jul 2020, 03:38 am »
Here is the sapele.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #38 on: 14 Jul 2020, 05:26 pm »

Nice looking space. Are those fig plants? So tall. Mine won't get over 3-4'.

sockpit

« Reply #39 on: 14 Jul 2020, 10:32 pm »
They're venus bass traps, of course!   :lol: