JCarney

Re: GR Research Build Threads
« Reply #61 on: 5 May 2022, 11:41 pm »
Thank You! She's a cutey.

JCarney

Placer

« Reply #62 on: 24 Dec 2022, 04:02 am »
Greetings, I've just joined the thread. I am building a set of X-LS speakers. It is my first time doing a build of this kind. I have the cases and crossovers finished but have  a question as to the best way to cut up the no-rez for the bookshelf size. Of course the bottom is not covered and I intend to use fiberglass fill for the lower third but don't see how I can eek the top, sides, and back from the four pieces of no-rez. If I am correct, which area is OK to not cover more than an another? With the opportunity for new people to search for topics on the site disabled I am left to this snail way of getting information.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #63 on: 24 Dec 2022, 01:52 pm »
Here's a thread with a couple plages of options for cutting the Norez into smaller pieces. :thumb:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=181537.0

Placer

« Reply #64 on: 24 Dec 2022, 06:43 pm »
Hi, just producing the second of the third post to satisfy the site needs so I can search for answers. It is clear that due to the holiday, the messages will not be reviewed until the moderator returns possibly after the second of next year. I was hoping to get some help so I could complete my build for the holiday. On that note, Happy holidays and best wishes for the coming year.

Danny Richie

« Reply #65 on: 24 Dec 2022, 07:03 pm »
Hi, just producing the second of the third post to satisfy the site needs so I can search for answers. It is clear that due to the holiday, the messages will not be reviewed until the moderator returns possibly after the second of next year. I was hoping to get some help so I could complete my build for the holiday. On that note, Happy holidays and best wishes for the coming year.

I approve them as soon as I see them and know that they are legit. A couple more and your posts will no longer need approval.

Placer

« Reply #66 on: 26 Dec 2022, 12:17 am »
Just a quick follow up on my previous post, I have figured out what I need to do and at present seem to be on track to finish up tomorrow.
Regards to all and happy new year.

Muchan254

« Reply #67 on: 19 Jan 2023, 04:18 pm »
Just joined Audio Circle and came here straight!

Looking to build a pair of GR Research NX Oticas and a couple of DIY tube amps. Exciting times we live in!

oldman74

« Reply #68 on: 20 Jan 2023, 08:24 pm »
I wish I had the opportunity to listen to open baffle.

g3rain1

« Reply #69 on: 21 Jan 2023, 12:20 am »

Vince in TX

« Reply #70 on: 23 Jan 2023, 03:04 pm »
I wish I had the opportunity to listen to open baffle.

You might.   Where are you located?  Several of us have been willing to audition speakers for folks.  I'm in the Houston, TX area.

350Industrial

« Reply #71 on: 7 Feb 2023, 07:32 pm »
Here's my NX-Otica build thread with lots of photos.  I'm in the Chicagoland area if anyone is interested in taking a listen  8)

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=184521.0

Denton J

« Reply #72 on: 17 May 2023, 07:45 pm »
New at this but I'm about to start my first build. (LGK 2.1)
« Last Edit: 19 May 2023, 04:49 pm by Denton J »

Denton J

« Reply #73 on: 12 Jun 2023, 04:52 pm »
New guy assistance.  With some assistance I put together a crossover for the LGK 2.1. 
What determines which internal speaker wires are connected to the binding post/tube connector to the specific area of the crossover? 

I identified the negative end of the woofer assembly, the positive end of the woofer, the positive end of the tweeter assembly.  I am having difficulty identifying the negative tweeter loop & where the internal speaker wire that connects to the negative tweeter & slices into the negative woofer, eventually headed to the tube connector. 

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #74 on: 12 Jun 2023, 07:40 pm »
New guy assistance.  With some assistance I put together a crossover for the LGK 2.1. 
What determines which internal speaker wires are connected to the binding post/tube connector to the specific area of the crossover? 

I identified the negative end of the woofer assembly, the positive end of the woofer, the positive end of the tweeter assembly.  I am having difficulty identifying the negative tweeter loop & where the internal speaker wire that connects to the negative tweeter & slices into the negative woofer, eventually headed to the tube connector. 

You will need to run a white wire from the negative terminal of the LGK driver straight back to the white tube connector, it doesn't connect to anything else other than the return leg of the woofer circuit.

Denton J

« Reply #75 on: 12 Jun 2023, 09:23 pm »
Thanks again! 

I have to add the customer support around all of the various processes are off the charts good.  I can't recommend GRR products enough!
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2023, 06:28 pm by Denton J »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #76 on: 13 Jun 2023, 08:12 pm »
Thanks again! 

I have to add the customer support around all of the various processes are off the charts good.  I can't recommend GRR products enough!

You should post a build thread for your LGK 2.1, I think you would be the first for that model.

Denton J

« Reply #77 on: 13 Jun 2023, 10:50 pm »
You should post a build thread for your LGK 2.1, I think you would be the first for that model.

I will try.  My job is sending me out of town (again) & I decided to change the colors of my cabinets. Pics in about (another) 2 weeks.

* Still on the road but I was able to finish the color scheme & the crossover.  Whenever I get back home I can put it together.
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2023, 01:23 am by Denton J »

atoth

« Reply #78 on: 12 Aug 2023, 08:07 am »
Hello All,

Here is the lastest build from far-far Hungary/Europe!
I love every seconds of this build. Sound amazing!
here is the process and a result:

Denton J

« Reply #79 on: 22 Aug 2023, 08:23 pm »
It looks great!