RMAF Pictures Now In Captain Humble's Gallery

Captain Humble

RMAF Pictures Now In Captain Humble's Gallery
« on: 5 Nov 2006, 02:11 pm »
I'll add captions to the pictures as time permits.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=35

Here's one to get you started:

Jeff

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: RMAF Pictures Now In Captain Humble's Gallery
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2006, 02:27 pm »
 Hi Captain, Nice pictures. would you mind if I pirated some for my site? Also, if it's okay with you, I would like to use one with you in it? Maybe the one with your own street :lol:

Captain Humble

« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2006, 02:55 pm »
Hi Captain, Nice pictures. would you mind if I pirated some for my site? Also, if it's okay with you, I would like to use one with you in it? Maybe the one with your own street :lol:
Thanks Bill.
You're welcome to use any of the pictures in any of my galleries.
Lonewolf trail is just a few blocks from my home in Carrollton, TX.
Chris aka (lonewolfny42) flew down for a visit on Thrusday then we left for the show early Friday morning.
Seemed fitting to get his picture by the sign while he was here.
We would have had to get a much taller ladder for me to get that close to the sign.3 :lol:

Since I was the guy taking the pictures there aren't any of me from the show.
But since you asked you can use this one if you like.
Halloween party at my restaurant.  I'm the guy in the black shirt. :lol: :lol:
Party on Garth!

Gordy

« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2006, 03:12 pm »
Bill, here's a nice shot of Jeff's street sign  8)

Captain Humble

« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2006, 03:29 pm »
Bill, here's a nice shot of Jeff's street sign  8)
I took that picture in Florence, Italy.
Again I'd need a serious ladder to get close to it and there was just tooooooo much wine flowing to risk it.

Jampot

« Reply #5 on: 5 Nov 2006, 03:43 pm »
Enjoyed the pictures Jeff :thumb:

The photo of your Usher 1.5 is 'naked' - Did you ever get the wood trim done, I remember Marvda1 telling me about it when we were listening to his.

Of course if it isn't you could now get it to match the Dodd battey pre... :green:

If it was, can we see?

Jim

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2006, 04:23 pm »
Much appreciated Captain. I posted a bit too early before my second cup of coffee this morning and just realized it wasn't you in the "Street Sign" picture. My apologies.
 I love the Kiss costum. Always been a big fan. Hhmmmm, where would I put that picture and how do I caption it?

Captain Humble

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2006, 04:34 pm »
Enjoyed the pictures Jeff :thumb:

The photo of your Usher 1.5 is 'naked' - Did you ever get the wood trim done, I remember Marvda1 telling me about it when we were listening to his.

Of course if it isn't you could now get it to match the Dodd battey pre... :green:

If it was, can we see?

Jim
Jim, the faceplate for the Usher Amp has yet to come to fruition.
Mike (Curly Woods) said he could and would make the faceplate for my Usher R-1.5 amp when I purchased the wood for the preamp from him.  I bought a big enough chunk to accomodate both the preamp and the Usher face plate.

Mike had the metal face plate from my Usher amp for at least 3 months but never got around to completing the project and finally bowed out of it.  I think he just has tooooooo much to do with his regular job plus the exotic wood business on the side.

When I picked up my preamp from Gary I told him that the face plate on the preamp he was giving me was not the wood that my wife picked out and purchased.  Mine was supposed to be Big Leaf Quilted Maple, but what I got was Angled maple.  Gary thought that Mike might have messed up my wood and substituted angled instead.  After waiting almost a year I took what he had.

The angled maple looks great but it will not match the wood I have for the Usher face plate.  Gary said not to worry.  He would get his hands on some Big Leaf Quilted Maple and not only make new sides and a faceplate for my Dodd pre but he would also make the face plate for my Usher. Everything will be what Michelle picked out, Big Leaf Quilted maple.  All is good!

Gary later called me and told me that Danny got my preamp face plate and I got his.
We both have the same configuration so we are going to swap preamps the next time he's in town.
This is important to both of us because Danny also purchased wood for his new Dodd power conditioner and 120 mono amps.  The wood for those projects is ready and is also Angled maple.  Once we make the swap Danny will have matching gear in Angled maple and Gary is going to make the the faceplate for the Usher amp from my leftover Big Leaf Quilted maple so I'll have matching gear as well.

I'll post some pictures once the dust settles.
By the way, I like this pre enough to wait another year if I had to.

And....we all live happily ever after. :beer:

Captain Humble

« Reply #8 on: 5 Nov 2006, 04:40 pm »
Much appreciated Captain. I posted a bit too early before my second cup of coffee this morning and just realized it wasn't you in the "Street Sign" picture. My apologies.
 I love the Kiss costum. Always been a big fan. Hhmmmm, where would I put that picture and how do I caption it?
Take a close look at where the female vocalist is reaching and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something.  I think she was just trying to make sure I smiled real big. :lol:

Captain Humble

« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2006, 05:49 pm »
All photos are now captioned.
If you see any mistakes don't hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to make the appropriate corrections.