Have you been getting AV123 marketing push on sales?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
It seems to have ratcheted up a notch since the MS thing came to head.  I am just not sure what to make of the situation and I am not willing to commit any money to this company at the moment.  Has anybody purchased anything from them recently?  Have they delivered on goods sold? 

wje

Re: Have you been getting AV123 marketing push on sales?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2010, 02:46 pm »
I was until I unsubscribed from their marketing blasts.  Their forum is in a very "anemic" state at the moment, so there's not a whole lot of marketing happening over there to push their products - so, they've had to probably had to refer back to their mailing lists from their 10,000 or so forum members to push what very little product selection they have left.

However, from reading through some threads here, it looks like Danny of GR Research is involved with some of the work on their new products.  But, there's just too many other products out there to take a gamble with this company at this point in time.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2010, 03:56 pm »
I had picked up a center channel from them about 2 weeks before the Shifty story broke.  It arrived quickly and very well packed.  Great deal- got it for what the drivers would go for if bought separately.  I just have to brace the box better and add some dampening.

monkeypimp

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2010, 06:57 pm »
I had an amp go bad in my UFW-10 about a month ago and I called and they got me a replacement quickly....it was also one of the better performing 650 watt amps and not the PE rebranded amp.  The day after I got the amp I was messing with my stuff and broke 3 pegs on my rs760's grill and called and they sent me new pegs for free and I got those like 3 days later. 

The customer service level seems to be real good.

Jon L

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:25 pm »
I had an amp go bad in my UFW-10 about a month ago and I called and they got me a replacement quickly....it was also one of the better performing 650 watt amps and not the PE rebranded amp. 

God, I love that sub amp.  I have one on my new version ULW-10.  I am building some subwoofers out of the M+K subwoofer box giveaway a week ago, but it's hard to find a great sub amp at low prices, especially ones with stout power and parametric EQ thrown in. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2010, 07:41 pm »
I am currently working on a new product line for them, but have nothing to do with the e-mail promotions.

If they are running a sale or e-mail promotion on something then they have it in stock and it is ready to ship. They are really turning their inventory right now and the sale prices are ridiculously low. So it is an outstanding value if you are in the market for what they are offering.

If you don't want to continue receiving the sales notifications then I am sure it is easy to be removed from their list.

Gvt1911

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:20 pm »
Just got a pair of the ELT525 Tower speakers DELIVERED to my door for $250 bucks ! Wow ! Box was messed  up due to UPS but speakers are fine. That was a deal! Maybe Mark needs to pay his lawyers.  :lol: Was thinking about the 525 monitors for 150.00 DELIVERED.  :scratch:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2010, 08:54 pm »
I picked up a B stock Onix CD-3 a few months back and the transaction went off exactly as promised.

But yes, I'm getting lots of e-mail promotions.

*Scotty*

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:48 pm »
I just bought an ELT525C Center- Cherry. I can't even buy a box from PARTS EXPRESS for the price I paid for speaker I ordered and there is no shipping charge. Danny designed these speakers and that bolstered my confidence in the purchase.
I'll post when it gets here via UPS and its condition upon arrival. Fingers crossed.
Scotty